Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
Bmat
Made birthday/anniversary list
by Bmat
January 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

As Mom has gotten more frail,  I realized I can't rely on her anymore to remind me about birthdays, and she couldn't remember years at all (neither could I.) So I typed out a list of birthdays and anniversaries for all of our surviving family members. I called and emailed everyone whose dates I didn't have,  then mailed and emailed the list to everyone. So now there won't be a need to wonder when this one was born or how old that grandchild is. And it won't be crucial to transfer dates to the calendar.

Replies

• nana9106
    January 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM

That is a great idea. I am the go-to preson in my family when someone needs a date...for whatever reason, I remember dates

• Mariagma3
    January 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I also, am the go to person in my family.

• hugss
    by hugss
    January 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Great idea!
    Good you went ahead & did/thought about that :)

• mac1940
    by mac1940
    January 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I have kept a list for years and it has been a life saver.  This year for Christmas, my BIL put together calenders with everything marked on the appropriate day for everyone.  Each family was printed in a different color, it was a really neat thing.  So when January is up, I can see who is having a birthday or anniversary and which family they are a part of.

• Shellness
    January 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM

That was a nice thing for you to do :)

• homeskoolmama
    January 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Good idea. My mom calls me and says it is so and so birthday today. I have it all on my calendar. My boys don't know anyones birthday but their own! HOPEFULLY they will remember mine :)

• sweetnana1964
    January 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Whenever we get a new calendar we put everyone's birthday and anniversaries on them to help us remember.  We even put their ages and how many years they are married :)

• jabs54
    by jabs54
    January 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That was really nice of you to take the initiative to do that. 

The only birthdays I acknowledge (other than grandchildren and children) is my sibs and my husband sibs.   I just write the birthdays of my family in my calendar every year.  My dh's brother gives us a photo calender every year that has their birthdays on it.

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    January 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Good idea!  Our family is on Geni.com which is a family tree so everyone gets an email when there is a birthday or anniversary.  But of coarse wouldnt work if you dont have e mail.

• nybor48
    by nybor48
    January 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM

When I was younger and my mind sharper, I could always remember everyones birthdays... (except my brothers.. I knew what month, just could never remember the days...long story)  any who.... I could never understand how my mom could never remember birthdates... now that I am older... I get it lol.. 

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN