Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
Bmat
Made birthday/anniversary list
by Bmat
January 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

As Mom has gotten more frail,  I realized I can't rely on her anymore to remind me about birthdays, and she couldn't remember years at all (neither could I.) So I typed out a list of birthdays and anniversaries for all of our surviving family members. I called and emailed everyone whose dates I didn't have,  then mailed and emailed the list to everyone. So now there won't be a need to wonder when this one was born or how old that grandchild is. And it won't be crucial to transfer dates to the calendar.

Replies

• nana9106
    January 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM

That is a great idea. I am the go-to preson in my family when someone needs a date...for whatever reason, I remember dates

• Mariagma3
    January 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I also, am the go to person in my family.

• hugss
    by hugss
    January 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Great idea!
    Good you went ahead & did/thought about that :)

• mac1940
    by mac1940
    January 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I have kept a list for years and it has been a life saver.  This year for Christmas, my BIL put together calenders with everything marked on the appropriate day for everyone.  Each family was printed in a different color, it was a really neat thing.  So when January is up, I can see who is having a birthday or anniversary and which family they are a part of.

• Shellness
    January 22, 2013 at 12:18 PM

That was a nice thing for you to do :)

• homeskoolmama
    January 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Good idea. My mom calls me and says it is so and so birthday today. I have it all on my calendar. My boys don't know anyones birthday but their own! HOPEFULLY they will remember mine :)

• sweetnana1964
    January 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Whenever we get a new calendar we put everyone's birthday and anniversaries on them to help us remember.  We even put their ages and how many years they are married :)

• jabs54
    by jabs54
    January 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

That was really nice of you to take the initiative to do that. 

The only birthdays I acknowledge (other than grandchildren and children) is my sibs and my husband sibs.   I just write the birthdays of my family in my calendar every year.  My dh's brother gives us a photo calender every year that has their birthdays on it.

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    January 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Good idea!  Our family is on Geni.com which is a family tree so everyone gets an email when there is a birthday or anniversary.  But of coarse wouldnt work if you dont have e mail.

• nybor48
    by nybor48
    January 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM

When I was younger and my mind sharper, I could always remember everyones birthdays... (except my brothers.. I knew what month, just could never remember the days...long story)  any who.... I could never understand how my mom could never remember birthdates... now that I am older... I get it lol.. 

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts