Moms with Adult Kids

Esmrlda
When was the last time you rode a bicycle?
by Esmrlda
January 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM

DD21 and I went for a bike ride yesterday.  It is something we always say were going to do but never do it.  We rode for about 6 miles.

We rode on a back country road with green rolling hills, cows and their babies staring at us while chewing their cuds( all the babies were white) big houses with smoke coming out of the chimneys,  horses, goats, chickens and peacocks in their yards.  

When was the last time you went for a bike ride?  Who did you go with and where did you ride?

Replies

• momtoblueeyes
    January 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    Haven't rode a bike in a year and a half
  • Why123
    by Why123
    January 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM

More than 20 years ago.  Riding a bike really makes me hurt.  I rode my bike everywhere when I lived in Italy but that was at least 40 years ago.

• jabs54
    by jabs54
    January 14, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I live a block from the bike trail.  It is the old railroad turned bike trail.  My dd and I rode all summer (for miles!) but I always got sores in my perineum.  I tried everything...expensive bike shorts, cream/vaseline, different bike seat, nothing helped.  I really love biking but I'm sick of having pain when I pee or shower!

• Sandyc1243
    January 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Last time I rode a bike was 20 years ago I was 30 at the time.  I went about a quarter of a mile and when I got back home I thought I was going to be sick.  That's how long I've been out of shape.

• LadySaphira
    January 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM

umm maybe 5 years ago? I didn't get far, I am way out of shape.

• kam013
    by kam013
    January 14, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Ummm, just the other day . . . .  but it was my exercise bike.  LOL

A real bike, it's been a few years.  We used to ride a lot when the kids were younger, but we tossed our bikes a couple of years ago because they were old and not in great shape.  

DH and I have been talking about getting each other bikes this year for Mother's/Father's day so we could start riding again.  Favorite spot to ride is along the Cape Cod Canal during the summer.  

• nana9106
    January 14, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    What's a bicycle?
  • Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    January 14, 2013 at 6:04 PM

It can be exhilarating and liberating. I bet it was lovely riding there.

Quoting Why123:

More than 20 years ago.  Riding a bike really makes me hurt.  I rode my bike everywhere when I lived in Italy but that was at least 40 years ago.

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    January 14, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Ouch! I am a little sore today but nothing a major.  This is the main reason why dh wont go bike riding with us.

Quoting jabs54:

I live a block from the bike trail.  It is the old railroad turned bike trail.  My dd and I rode all summer (for miles!) but I always got sores in my perineum.  I tried everything...expensive bike shorts, cream/vaseline, different bike seat, nothing helped.  I really love biking but I'm sick of having pain when I pee or shower!

• mamalusbear
    January 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM

The last time I rode a bike was a few months ago, before I was pregnant.  DH goes mountain biking every weekend and loves it.

Moms with Adult Kids