Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
Esmrlda
When was the last time you rode a bicycle?
by Esmrlda
January 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM

DD21 and I went for a bike ride yesterday.  It is something we always say were going to do but never do it.  We rode for about 6 miles.

We rode on a back country road with green rolling hills, cows and their babies staring at us while chewing their cuds( all the babies were white) big houses with smoke coming out of the chimneys,  horses, goats, chickens and peacocks in their yards.  

When was the last time you went for a bike ride?  Who did you go with and where did you ride?

Replies

• cherylam
    January 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM

it's been years, lol... I don't have a bike right now, but we've been talking about getting each one of us.  Gas prices aren't going to go down this spring.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 15, 2013 at 9:37 AM

About 10 years ago. We live in a hilly area so it was more than I felt comfortable with.

• LEK19
    by LEK19
    January 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Sounds like you had a nice ride! The last time I rode a bike was about 9 yrs ago. My SO and I rode together a few times, but most of the time it was by myself through town and in the country.

• tinysmom160
    January 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM

long time no time really

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    January 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Im sure the kids would enjoy that!

Quoting mamalusbear:

Me neither, I'm not terribly coordinated....I could barely learn to dance the waltz at our wedding.  I did have a nice time, and I think it will be fun when the kids are older and we can explore some of the bike paths around here.  

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    January 15, 2013 at 7:11 PM

sidesplittinglaughter Sorry, but it struck my funny bone that he had to come with the truck! 

Quoting mac1940:

Let's see, the last time I roade a bicycle was when my oldest son (now 39) was about a year old.  Hubby and I purchased new bikes, a 10 speed for him and a five speed for me.  Wr put a childs seat on hubby's and intended to ride every day.  Day number one, we pedaled to my parents home, maybe a quarter to a half mile away and let me tell you it was all I could do to make it that far.  Hubby went home to get our pick-up to haul me and my bike back.  Day number two never arrived and that year for Christmas my step-children got barely used bikes.  And to think, as a kid, I spent hours every day on a bike.

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    January 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM

LOL do they even make those?  Stopping is a very important feature on a bicycle. bouncingJust like down hill skiing down , gotta know how to stop!

Quoting kuntrylady56:

The last time I rode a bicycle that wasn't stationary was when I was about 6-7yo and my brother was trying to teach me without training wheels. Well I was going fine,but he had forgot to teach me one important thing! How to stop! I ended up running into a broken down cement wall and tore my knees all up. I never got on a bike again. Was always wanting to but could never get anybody else to teach me how. And my brother wouldn't again because he got introublw for letting me get hurt.

But I've been wanting to get an adlt size three wheeler to pedal around the neighborhood,I think I could handle that.lol

• louannwilkins
    January 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Wow....a long time ago!!  I've ridden a stationary bike at the gym.  I do kind of wish I had a bike.  One of the old timey looking ones with the wide tires and WIDE seat!!!!   lol  I really do.   :)

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    January 15, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Your little town sounds dreamy. Beach cruisers are so much fun, did you get one with the basket in front?

Quoting jules8289:

This just past fall. We live in a very small town and DH and I ride all over. No nice leisurely rides down a country road when all the cars blow past doing 50 or more! We stay in our little teeny tiny town. We don't even have a traffic light. Last spring DH and I bought our first new bikes since we were in school. I got a beach cruiser and I love it! Just makes your "area" sore. So I switched to a different seat and it helps. Kind of.

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    January 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM

sidesplittinglaughterNo, I missed that post.  LOl oh boy, you peed your pants? I hope you were laughing so hard you couldnt help it. I thought they said once you learn how to ride a bike you never forget? 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Okay well Esme, I already told the story about me hopping on a bike a few years ago after 35 years of not riding, falling over on the bike because I forgot how to stop and then peeing my pants, then trying one more time with the same results except plus a sprained wrist while my BF was laughing at me the whole time.  I'm not gonna tell that story again.

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN