Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
suzeebloch
Which book should I read first?
January 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I had requested 3 books from the library and 2 of them were available today, so I picked them up on my way home.  Which one shall I read first?

"Disarming the narcissist: Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed"

or

"Heaven is for Real" (a little boy's astounding story of his trip to heaven and back)

??

Replies

• Sandyc1243
    January 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I read "Heaven is for Real" it's a quick read and it's very good.

• suzeebloch
    January 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Okay wow.  I sat down with the book about the Narcissist - wanting to see if I could find better ways / suggestions on coping with the WB - but damn.  Now I'm reading about her IN MY SPARE TIME!  So NOT GONNA HAPPEN.  lol.

I took my sleepy meds about 20 minutes ago and will crawl in bed with Heaven is for Real instead.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Heaven is for Real was recommended to me by a friend, and I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.

• hugss
    by hugss
    January 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Heaven is for Real .. sounds good,
    Let us know which you decide :)

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I read the reviews on Heaven is for Real and don't think I'll read it. It is written like 8 years after the child's experience, by a professional writer, and the father is accused of lining his own pockets with the income. On the other hand, some who read it feel very touched.

• nana9106
    January 11, 2013 at 5:51 AM
    Heaven is for real
    It is a great book. It is a quick read, it only took me about 3 hours.
  • nana9106
    January 11, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    He explained at the end why he waited so long to write it. He said that the little boy only gave them bits and pieces of the story. It took a few years to really get everything and then he and his wife debated on whether or not to even write the book. Then the time to find a co-author and publisher took time too. It made a lot of since why it took so long....IMO

Quoting Bmat:

I read the reviews on Heaven is for Real and don't think I'll read it. It is written like 8 years after the child's experience, by a professional writer, and the father is accused of lining his own pockets with the income. On the other hand, some who read it feel very touched.

• Cindy18
    by Cindy18
    January 11, 2013 at 6:37 AM

I haven't read it but heard good things about "Heaven Is For Real".

• rosebud727
    January 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I haven't read Heaven is For Real but did hear it was good, start with that!

• homeskoolmama
    January 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

What did you decide?

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts