Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
suzeebloch
Which book should I read first?
January 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I had requested 3 books from the library and 2 of them were available today, so I picked them up on my way home.  Which one shall I read first?

"Disarming the narcissist: Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed"

or

"Heaven is for Real" (a little boy's astounding story of his trip to heaven and back)

??

Replies

• Sandyc1243
    January 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I read "Heaven is for Real" it's a quick read and it's very good.

• suzeebloch
    January 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Okay wow.  I sat down with the book about the Narcissist - wanting to see if I could find better ways / suggestions on coping with the WB - but damn.  Now I'm reading about her IN MY SPARE TIME!  So NOT GONNA HAPPEN.  lol.

I took my sleepy meds about 20 minutes ago and will crawl in bed with Heaven is for Real instead.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Heaven is for Real was recommended to me by a friend, and I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.

• hugss
    by hugss
    January 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Heaven is for Real .. sounds good,
    Let us know which you decide :)

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I read the reviews on Heaven is for Real and don't think I'll read it. It is written like 8 years after the child's experience, by a professional writer, and the father is accused of lining his own pockets with the income. On the other hand, some who read it feel very touched.

• nana9106
    January 11, 2013 at 5:51 AM
    Heaven is for real
    It is a great book. It is a quick read, it only took me about 3 hours.
  • nana9106
    January 11, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    He explained at the end why he waited so long to write it. He said that the little boy only gave them bits and pieces of the story. It took a few years to really get everything and then he and his wife debated on whether or not to even write the book. Then the time to find a co-author and publisher took time too. It made a lot of since why it took so long....IMO

Quoting Bmat:

I read the reviews on Heaven is for Real and don't think I'll read it. It is written like 8 years after the child's experience, by a professional writer, and the father is accused of lining his own pockets with the income. On the other hand, some who read it feel very touched.

• Cindy18
    by Cindy18
    January 11, 2013 at 6:37 AM

I haven't read it but heard good things about "Heaven Is For Real".

• rosebud727
    January 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I haven't read Heaven is For Real but did hear it was good, start with that!

• homeskoolmama
    January 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

What did you decide?

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN