1teaspoon cinnamon

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup butter

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 egg white

2 Tablespoons granulated sugar

1 14oz. pkg. refrigerated pie dough

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350. Peel apples and slice into 1/2 inch thick wedges. Toss apples with cinnamon and sugar.

Melt butter into 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat;add brown sugar and cook,stirring constantly 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and place one of the pie crusts over brown sugar mixture. Then spoon apples into the pie crust and top with remaining pie crusts,seal around the edges.

Whisk the egg white until foamy and brushover top of piecrust and sprinkle with the 2T. of granulated sugar. Cut 4 to 5 slits into top crust so steam can escape while cooking.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Shileding crusts with tin foil the last ten minutes to prevent over browning if necessary.

Cool on wire rack 30 minutes before serving.

I think I might try this one out over the weekend when Larry is home to get some nice and warm from the oven.  Have to make sure I get some homemade style vanilla ice cream to have with it.

Replies

• Shellness
    January 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

That does sound good! I might try that too. Gary would love it.

• KittyGram
    January 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    Sounds fantastic, but I'm back on track with my healthy eating. I stool want to get to my goal weight before my birthday in April. Let us know Howe it is, though. I can live vicariously thru you!
  • hugss
    by hugss
    January 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Does sound good,
    Thanks for sharing :)

• LEK19
    by LEK19
    January 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM

That does sound good!

I am not a pie eater or maker. When I get a hankering for something like that I will peel and cut up an apple, throw it in a frying pan with butter, sprinkle cinnamon sugar (I always have a jar of it on the counter next to the toaster) on it and dump it all over ice cream. 

• nana9106
    January 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I have never been a big fan of apple anything...but DH loves apple everything, I might give it a try

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN