Moms with Adult Kids

LadySaphira
Don't think I am going to bother.... (update page 4)
December 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM

putting my tree up this year. I completely for got that the middle half does not light up anymore and those dolar store lights never work right for me. What is the sense?

Replies

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 1, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Quoting rosebud727:

The go to Home Depot or Target and spend another dollar or two and get better lights? They really are very inexpensive.

However if you just don't feel like bothering with the tree I understand that.

It isn't that easy when one has to figure out whether to get Christmas lights or feed one's family...which would you spend that extra dollar on?

• jules8289
    December 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I tossed our pre-lit tree. Bought some dollar store lights and go out and pick a small, live charlie brown tree. It's nice to bring home and make that poor thing pretty.

• EireLass
    December 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

You could buy one of those little 3' trees, put it on a table in the corner, or somewhere.

• rosebud727
    December 1, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting rosebud727:

The go to Home Depot or Target and spend another dollar or two and get better lights? They really are very inexpensive.

It isn't that easy when one has to figure out whether to get Christmas lights or feed one's family...which would you spend that extra dollar on?

Huh? we already addressed this earlier...

• WithHope
    December 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    Check out a target a few days before. There artificially go half off. We picked ours up a couple years ago when we were flat broke. It was the display and cost is 5 bucks. Didn't come with a box but we still use it!
  • CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Quoting rosebud727:

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting rosebud727:

I wasn't here "earlier" and I hadn't read it yet.  Not all of us live in CAfe Mom...some of us have real lives. 

• rosebud727
    December 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting rosebud727:

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting rosebud727:

I wasn't here "earlier" and I hadn't read it yet.  Not all of us live in CAfe Mom...some of us have real lives. 

Haha, funny, Neither do I lady.

• Maddie24
    December 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM

LadySaphira, I am so sorry - from seeing your posts - it sounds like this is going to be a very hard Christmas for you and your family.  I hope that things start getting better soon.  Until then, you could contact a local church and tell them of your situation, or  a local organization.  Let someone help.  I know it is hard to ask for a little assistance - but to disregard the holidays will be hard as well (especially for the 15yo).  Perhaps crafts with things you have.  A chrismas tree does not have to be 3 dimensional and gifts do not ahve to be a physical item, it can be thoughts shared.  I hope you find a way to find some cheer this month and everything begins to look up for you very soon. 

• hugss
    by hugss
    December 2, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Let us know what you decide :)

• LadySaphira
    December 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I already have, we willbe getting a food basket but My kids are all to old for any of the gift programs, unfortunatly they only look at actual age, not mental/cognative age. We will survive, we alwys do. I am pretty sure that the rehabilitation center that gives Roo services for his ASD will be getting him a coat and boots because they called and asked for his sizes so he will have a couple more things to open.

Quoting Maddie24:

LadySaphira, I am so sorry - from seeing your posts - it sounds like this is going to be a very hard Christmas for you and your family.  I hope that things start getting better soon.  Until then, you could contact a local church and tell them of your situation, or  a local organization.  Let someone help.  I know it is hard to ask for a little assistance - but to disregard the holidays will be hard as well (especially for the 15yo).  Perhaps crafts with things you have.  A chrismas tree does not have to be 3 dimensional and gifts do not ahve to be a physical item, it can be thoughts shared.  I hope you find a way to find some cheer this month and everything begins to look up for you very soon. 

Moms with Adult Kids