Moms with Adult Kids

LadySaphira
Don't think I am going to bother.... (update page 4)
December 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM

putting my tree up this year. I completely for got that the middle half does not light up anymore and those dolar store lights never work right for me. What is the sense?

Replies

• momma-t42
    December 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM

One year, we pulled away from the commercialized display of Christmas and simplified it by exchanging 'letter's' we all decided to write in place of stocking stuffer's.  We put our letter in the stocking and exchanged them on Christmas eve.  I must say, those letters each of my girls wrote were comical, sentimental, and sweet.....but my husband wrote the most beautiful letter of all and I have it to this day.  It really made the Spirit of Christmas far more special than anything money can buy..  I'm surprised it didn't turn into tradition to be honest.

As far as the tree, a tree doesn't have to have lights, I leave mine off most of the time because I enjoy it without the lights as well.

But as far as the lights go, are the lights on your tree white or multi colored?

Put your tree UP I say, cause your Christmas lights are on their way :)

• suesues
    by suesues
    December 2, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I have a pre lite tree some lights are out I just ad a set that I brought at cvs(drug store) and it works fine

• nana9106
    December 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    It is not important if it all lights up. That's just cosmetics. It is the spirit behind it that us important. :-)
  • homeskoolmama
    December 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM

We put up a tree one year with no lights. Our were all half working and we had no money to buy new ones. So we just put the tree up without them. It was pretty during the day, at night we put a little night light behind it so it had some light/shadow to it.

Just an idea.

• tinysmom160
    December 2, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Go get you a little tree with lights already on it

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    December 2, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Having no tree at Christmas is no big deal.  As shown here the decor tends to e of importance rather than the spirit of the season.  I don't decorate, but when I see friends out and about I greet them with a hug and let them know I value their being in my life.  I gather food and clothing and other household goods and donate them to charities.  I purchase dog and cat food and bag up old sheets towes and even comforters to donate to animal shelters.  It isn't what decorations are outside the body but what are on the inside that matter.  Lady Saphira you love your kids and husband dearly ou have taught your children to give back.  A tree isn't going to make that much difference as they already have the best of the season without one.  

• Sue1605
    by Sue1605
    December 2, 2012 at 2:25 PM

You said it all!

Quoting CoeyG:

Having no tree at Christmas is no big deal.  As shown here the decor tends to e of importance rather than the spirit of the season.  I don't decorate, but when I see friends out and about I greet them with a hug and let them know I value their being in my life.  I gather food and clothing and other household goods and donate them to charities.  I purchase dog and cat food and bag up old sheets towes and even comforters to donate to animal shelters.  It isn't what decorations are outside the body but what are on the inside that matter.  Lady Saphira you love your kids and husband dearly ou have taught your children to give back.  A tree isn't going to make that much difference as they already have the best of the season without one.  

• Sue1605
    by Sue1605
    December 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Good idea too!

Quoting homeskoolmama:

We put up a tree one year with no lights. Our were all half working and we had no money to buy new ones. So we just put the tree up without them. It was pretty during the day, at night we put a little night light behind it so it had some light/shadow to it.

Just an idea.

• LadySaphira
    December 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Decided to put it up anyway and get out the few decorations I have, at least one corner of my house will look like Christmas. Will post pics later.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    December 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    We have not had a tree in years. We visit family at Christmas anyway and are not home.

Moms with Adult Kids