Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
suzeebloch
Not gonna hold my breath .... UPDATE IN RED
November 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Not sure if you remember, but I had put in for Paid Time Off with my former company when I went to California this past summer to be at Johnny's college graduation.  When I went from full time to part time (October 2011) I had at least 40 hours of PTO left to use - but my request was denied by the owner who told me when I went part-time I forfeited any remaining unused PTO.

I got an email from the bookkeeper yesterday:

"Hey Ronna, I show you still have 56 hours PTO, so what *** wants to do is pay you for it in 3 increments on your paychecks at 19hrs and the 3 would be 18 hrs. She is no longer carrying over  PTO.  Thanks and have a great day. If you have any questions, please let me know."

LOL.  too funny.  56 hours?   My calculations showed me at 40 hours WHICH WAS DENIED.  

I'm gonna keep quiet about this (and not hold my breath) but just wait and see what happens on my paychecks. 

So today is payday - I was expecting take-home pay of around $75.   My bank received a deposit of nearly $250.  Hipp Hipp Hurrah!  Merry Christmas to me!  Two more paydays left in the year.  Now I wonder - can they make me pay it back? 

Replies

• louannwilkins
    November 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Wow....what a hoot!  lol  Be sure to let us know what happens and I do remember all that.  :)

• gr8d8n3mom
    November 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM

oh yea! I remember! jeeze! that would be nice this time of year! nope I wouldn't say anything either!  good luck, and keep us posted ;)

• LadySaphira
    November 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I hope it all works out..you deserve it!

• Why123
    by Why123
    November 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Wouldn't that make a nice Christmas bonus.

• DesignGirl450
    November 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Take it, baby, and smile. 

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    November 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Yes dont look a gift horse in the face!! Thats awesome that your getting back pay for your PTO!

• kuntrylady56
    November 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Take the money and run,girl! lol

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Yeppers I do remember...can't wait to find out what happens next...

• jabs54
    by jabs54
    November 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Awesome, keep us posted.

• homeskoolmama
    November 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM

oh I do hope you get the money!

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts