Moms with Adult Kids

suzeebloch
Not gonna hold my breath .... UPDATE IN RED
November 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Not sure if you remember, but I had put in for Paid Time Off with my former company when I went to California this past summer to be at Johnny's college graduation.  When I went from full time to part time (October 2011) I had at least 40 hours of PTO left to use - but my request was denied by the owner who told me when I went part-time I forfeited any remaining unused PTO.

I got an email from the bookkeeper yesterday:

"Hey Ronna, I show you still have 56 hours PTO, so what *** wants to do is pay you for it in 3 increments on your paychecks at 19hrs and the 3 would be 18 hrs. She is no longer carrying over  PTO.  Thanks and have a great day. If you have any questions, please let me know."

LOL.  too funny.  56 hours?   My calculations showed me at 40 hours WHICH WAS DENIED.  

I'm gonna keep quiet about this (and not hold my breath) but just wait and see what happens on my paychecks. 

So today is payday - I was expecting take-home pay of around $75.   My bank received a deposit of nearly $250.  Hipp Hipp Hurrah!  Merry Christmas to me!  Two more paydays left in the year.  Now I wonder - can they make me pay it back? 

Replies

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    November 30, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Quoting KittyGram:

Since it was direct deposited into your account, if they try to reverse the transaction, your bank will have to contact you for approval to do it!!!  Just say no!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you!!!

This 

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    November 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM

This is a nice amount for you. I don't see how they could legally make you pay it back.

• Maddie24
    November 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Congrats - you earned it and it sounds like the company did the right thing to pay your for time due.  Merry Christmas!

• hugss
    by hugss
    December 1, 2012 at 12:05 AM

That's awesome on how much you got!
    Let's hope not on them making you pay it back .. you deserved it :)

• amylulu1
    Amy
    December 1, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    Woohoo indeed! I don't know if they can make you pay it back. I think they were wrong in the first place, after all, you earned it!
  • LadySaphira
    December 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Glad you got the money!

Moms with Adult Kids