Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
Sue1605
What a sorry state .....
by Sue1605
October 24, 2012 at 9:10 PM

of affair - much as I like reading others posts, replying sometimes and posting, I am thinking of quitting CafeMom. My language is deteriorating ! There is poor spelling, bad grammar, wrong wording....you name it and it is there. Now, before you all bash me up let me clarify that English is NOT my mother tongue. Right now I live in a French speaking place too so my English is getting affected. Also, I use a cell phone only for emergencies and rarely text so I can do without that lingo as well. I come to CafeMom to enjoy some time with others. I feel if one does not have the time to write properly, they could come back later.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Replies

• Sue1605
    by Sue1605
    November 28, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I agree with everything you said!

I am NOT a language person at all. Was also wondering if people feel the same way about my French now? Seems they don't mind as long as I am making an effort, and they in turn don't have to try their limited English.

Quoting Shellness:

Listen; no one is perfect. Its best not to judge! People come on this site to have fun, relax, make friends; things like that. 

Who cares if they didn't make the Dean's list for a English Major. It's their heart that really matters...the kind of person they are.

• hugss
    by hugss
    November 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Hope you enjoyed your vacation!
    Thrilled to hear you are sticking around :)

Quoting Sue1605:

Thank you so much! I AM still sticking around. Sorry it took a while to respond as I was away on vacation and had only an iPad to use. Also I wanted to make the most of my time away.

Quoting hugss:

Well I try but honestly I do mis spell words but that's just me ::blush::
    For the most part I feel like I write ok.
    Now there are times I may not.
    I think you should stick around & hang out with us ..
    Besides we're a great group of women who really help/support each other :)

• nana9106
    November 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM

First I hope you don't leave...

People are just people. You take the good with the bad here. If I get into a post I cant read or understand, because of the "lingo" i move on to the next one. There is really nothing we can do to improve others education. This group particularly, is very supportive and fun. All of the ladies here are around the same age and don't know or use all of that silly text lingo.

• passionatebren
    November 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM

My problem is my fingers don't go as fast as my brain. So if I reply to some thing and a letter is left out or a word is missing that's why! LOL

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    November 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM

What about a part time job at a boutique or something?

Quoting Sue1605:

Sorry it took a while to respond Esme. I was on vacation when I made the post and had only an iPad to use that I was not so familiar with.  My boys were complaining that my English has worsened considerably! I guess I am just very unhappy with my lonely, luxurious life.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Whats really bothering you Sue?

• Sue1605
    by Sue1605
    November 29, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Have only a Resident permit here, no work permit. bad

Quoting Esmrlda:

What about a part time job at a boutique or something?

Quoting Sue1605:

Sorry it took a while to respond Esme. I was on vacation when I made the post and had only an iPad to use that I was not so familiar with.  My boys were complaining that my English has worsened considerably! I guess I am just very unhappy with my lonely, luxurious life.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Whats really bothering you Sue?

• Sue1605
    by Sue1605
    November 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM

love that!

Quoting passionatebren:

My problem is my fingers don't go as fast as my brain. So if I reply to some thing and a letter is left out or a word is missing that's why! LOL

• Sue1605
    by Sue1605
    November 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Thanks! Yes, I feel OLD not knowing the new text lingo.....

Quoting nana9106:

People are just people. You take the good with the bad here. If I get into a post I cant read or understand, because of the "lingo" i move on to the next one. There is really nothing we can do to improve others education. This group particularly, is very supportive and fun. All of the ladies here are around the same age and don't know or use all of that silly text lingo.

• hagwestcoast
    November 29, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I agree, I don't feel like I would be able to convey, what I am saying, without proper spelling, and punctuation.

• passionatebren
    November 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM

When I am texting with my 18 year old and she using text lingo or letters for IDK I ask her to please spell it out. Her spelling is horrible anyway and I refuse to allow her to be lazy!

Quoting nana9106:

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN