Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
starsis68
my son will not call me back or texted me back
October 15, 2012 at 6:42 AM
When me or my husben call are. Texed my son he will not call back. Its. Been going on for along time . I do not now why he does that it is like he doesn't. Care about use anymore

Replies

• Cindy18
    by Cindy18
    October 15, 2012 at 6:52 AM

How old is he? Where does he live compared to you? Are you sure he is OK and safe and just ignoring you?

• starsis68
    October 15, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    He is 22 He lives with his girlfriend. He is ignoring me. but I do not know why
  • louannwilkins
    October 15, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Most of the time when they get out on their own it's different and they don't contact you like they did before.  Most likely he's just establishing his life on his own now.  It takes some getting use to sometimes when the kids are grown and on their own.  Your relationship takes a different path.  Hang in there.....

• suzeebloch
    October 15, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I agree with this.  It's pretty "normal" behavior.  Many of us moms here are going through the same thing so we feel your pain.  But, it's all a part of growing up and letting go - which is hardest on us!  :o) 

Quoting louannwilkins:

Most of the time when they get out on their own it's different and they don't contact you like they did before.  Most likely he's just establishing his life on his own now.  It takes some getting use to sometimes when the kids are grown and on their own.  Your relationship takes a different path.  Hang in there.....

• hugss
    by hugss
    October 15, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Sorry to hear this,
    How long has it been going on?  Any way to pop in & see him so you can talk with him ?
    Good luck & let us know what happens :)

• Cindy18
    by Cindy18
    October 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Just easy off the texts and calls for a little while. Maybe he is feeling smothered.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    Were you calling and texting too much? He is rebelling. I do not text or call much to my college dd, or my 21 yo that moved out in July. Some parents demand daily texts from college kids. Not me. Gotta spread their wings.
  • homeskoolmama
    October 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Is he living close enough for you to drop by? Did you guys have some sort of disagreement?

• mac1940
    by mac1940
    October 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Young people this age aren't very good at keeping in touch with parents - he is busy being in love and enjoying life.  Hurtful?  Yes, it is.  The good thing is that they usually get past it as they age.  It;s really not that they don't care about you, it is mostly just not thinking.  I would text or call less frequently - maybe to let him know you love him or to invite he and his lady to dinner or lunch if they live nearby. 

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM

He is an adult, he doesn't have to talk to you, doesn't have to text you and doesn't have to tell you why.  

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN