Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
Shellness
Menstrual Cycles
October 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Did you have many problems with yours so far throughout your lifetime? 

Replies

• Shellness
    October 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I was normal as clockwork. Never too much pain. After having a tubaligation at the age of 25 I noticed more pain during periods. 

Now that I am 41, they are not like clockwork anymore. One month I can have a light flow. One month I think I am going to bleed to death. I can go 3 months without a flow and it will build up the wall of my uterus and they will have to give me hormones to make me flow and get rid of it. 

I have had to have a dnc to scrape it out once. 

Mostly its manageable.

• campingmomof4
    October 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I am 47 and have had a lot of problems with heavy periods the last few years.   Went and had something done but it only worked half way.  My uterus is shaped weird so they couldn't burn all the lining.  They said they got a little more then half.   Now it is much more managable then it was before the procedure.  It is back to normal times and normal flow. 

• suzeebloch
    October 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Yay!  I am SO FREAKING HAPPY to report I don't have to bother with this ANY MORE!  YIPPEE KIYO KIYAY!

my periods were regular, too, like clockwork.  Then in 2005 I got a Mirena IUD. Can we say goodbye, period?!  Whoop whoop!  in 2010 it was time to remove and replace but my doctor did a blood test and I had reached MENOPAUSE.  HIP HIP HURRAY!  lol.  I will GLADLY keep my minimal hot flashes for those periods ANY DAY! 

• gmadiane
    October 14, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I have had a few issues as I have gotten older, I had a hormore imbalance and bled for 3 months and was misdiagnosed as having uterine cancer, after having to go on birth control pills to regulate my hormones I have not had a lot of issues until about the past year now I get worse cramps and some chest pains when I am in my period part of me is looking forward to menopause

• jurnee14
    October 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM

never had a problem with mine till recently, this past yr it seems one month they can be very light, just lasting a few days and the next just so heavy and lots of cramping. Its not so much pain that i thnk i need to see a doctor, its more annoyoing than anything, plus it hasnt been as regular as usual, so I have to be prepared.

• mammapav
    October 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I have not had any problems but the last six months it has been irregular.   My Gynecologist said I am not in menopause yet that  probably it will be a while yet not to worry.

• jabs54
    by jabs54
    October 14, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I had irregular periods most of my life.  Had to take Clomid to get pregnant with my first child.  Cramps was manageable with Advil.  About 5 yrs ago I started getting pain in my abdomen and they discovered I had a cyst on my ovary.  They removed both of them so I had instant menopause.  It was wonderful, no symptoms :)

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 14, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I was regular but I had very heavy flow, and cramps!  There were times when I literally could not get out of bed.  When I finally started having problems, (two regular periods in one month then none for two months), I "suffered" for over a year when a female Physicians Assistant asked me if I had thought about hysterectomy...I could have kissed her!

• darmomusaf
    October 15, 2012 at 7:44 AM

When I was younger I never had any problems. Then as I headed to pre-menopause, it got very bad, to the point where I would go through an overnight pad in about an hours. I was so tired all the time. The doctor who did my hysterectomy got me into surgery as quickly as possible. I have never regretted that decision. Apparently, I had a couple of fibroid tumors and some other issues. Happy to say that I do not miss those days at all!

• Rileyscute
    October 15, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Pretty much always horrible, never regular..it's like, you name it..I had it..cysts, fibroids, adhesion syndrome, carcinoma in situ (I was 27)..I had to have surgery in 2002, and they left my right ovary, but it was cauterized to the point of it was just 'dead'..and then holy cow I got pregnant with my twins 4 months after surgery. When they were born in 2003, and I had a tubal..it got outrageous..I had an ablation in October of 2004..no more periods! Yay!! I am going through an early menopause..besides always being hot..it's fantastic.

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN