Moms with Adult Kids

EireLass
Just sharing....
October 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM

We went to The Highlands...northwest part of Maine, over the last weekend. We went in search of bull moose. It's getting towards the end of rutting, and that's when you're apt to see them. We were out at 5am, and the next 4 hours, but didn't see any bull. We did see cows and calves. Saw a huge coyote..I'm guessing 50-55 pounds (we always estimate according to our dogs sizes). Lots of quail, and a beaver swimming and chewing down some brush to bring back to his dam. It was a fun trip, and can't wait for our next one.

Replies

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    October 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Beautiful!

• mac1940
    by mac1940
    October 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM

That would have been fun.  We always like to go up in the hills here in Washington and look for wildlife.  The pictures are great.

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Great photos, thank you for sharing.  

• louannwilkins
    October 11, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Love the pics!!  Thanks for sharing them.    :)

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    October 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Very nice! I've never seen moose in the wild.

• DesignGirl450
    October 11, 2012 at 9:34 PM

These are gorgeous photos, and it is always so exciting to see wildlife of any kind.  Thanks for sharing these. 

• kuntrylady56
    October 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Love the pictures! I love going out and trying to get pictures of wildlife in their natural habitat.  We do not have any moose bu we do have some elk not far from here they have reintroduced to the Buffalo River area in Arkansas,I've seen them far off but not close enough to get a good picture.We also have a couple herds of wild horses that I have yet to get close nough too but I'll keep trying.

• hugss
    by hugss
    October 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Very cool!
    Love the pics :)

Moms with Adult Kids