Moms with Adult Kids

Featured Posts
homeskoolmama
Old enough?
October 2, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Do you feel old enough to be a grandmother? I don't. I am one but don't feel it, I guess that is a good thing. 

However, I am not called grandma, grandmama, MiMi, Memaw or anything else. My mom keeps the baby more than she is home and I don't live there. The birth mother...well she doesn't do much. The baby belongs to my son and since I did not raise him, we aren't close close. It's a long sad complicated story.

I  love my grand baby very much. She will be 2 on Saturday and I've been invited to the party. I just hate going and watching everyone else get called, mom, dad, grandma, grand daddy, sissy and I'm just "Dawn" sigh......

Oh well, you reap what you sow. Guess I should be happy just to be part of her life. It is just depressing to me that she doesn't call me MiMi.

Now that my dribble is over.....

Are you a grandmother? Do you feel old enough? How old were you when your first grandbaby was born??

Replies

• homeskoolmama
    October 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I was 21 when my oldest son was born and 44 when his daughter was born.

• EireLass
    October 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Yes, I'm Grammy. It's Dan's daughter's baby. I was 52 when Riley was born. He is the light of my life. He has not called me Grammy yet, he doesn't say alot of words, but he knows I'm Grammy. We only see him 3-4 times a year, as we live on either end of the east coast. He'll be 2 in January.

• sahlady
    by sahlady
    October 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

oh hell no... Im 44 and would be pissed off since my oldest is only 17.

• LadySaphira
    October 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I do not feel old enough to be a grandmother although agewise I am. I don't have any grandchildren yet.

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    October 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Since I'm not a grandmother for real I couldn't say.  However I can say that my personallity hasn't changed all that much since even before I got married.  I still see myself in my late 20s.  That is until I wake up in the morning LOL

• louannwilkins
    October 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM

In my mind I definitely don't feel my age.  It's only when I look in the mirror or at a pic that I see the truth!  LOL 

I'm sorry you don't get called anything.  I think it's kind of odd either way since you are in his life now and in his dd.  I mean, if he didn't have you around then maybe I could see it.  Was he around your mom?  Not trying to pry.....

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    I am 51 and do not anticipate being a grandma for many years.
  • Bmat
    by Bmat
    October 2, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I am, I do.  I wish that I could see my grandchildren more often.

• jdy9440
    by jdy9440
    October 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM
    I am 47 and a grandma of 3 , love them sooo much:-)
  • suzeebloch
    October 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM

why can't she call you something?  Maybe a special name just for you! 

I'm 53 and not a grandma yet.  When guys ask me how old I am (I date a lot) I ask them first how old they think I am.  They usually guess 35 to 45 but never 53.  lol. 

Moms with Adult Kids

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts