Moms with Adult Kids

aznanaoften
Really...what would you do?
August 2, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Ok don't get me wrong I love my kids and grandkids....So my oldest daughter calls and says, "Mom, can we come visit today?" I said, "Sure it would be good to see you guys!" Well she comes over and goes right to sleep on the couch...the twins were hungry and baby was hungry and wet and my daughter was sleeping. Of coarse I feed them and changed the baby but I thought we were coming over to visit not to have mom take care of your kids. What would you do?

Replies

• nana9106
    August 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I'd have woken my daughter up. Probably would have scared the crap out of her in the process just for grins and giggles lol

• KittyGram
    August 2, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Yep.  I would have awakened her and told her exactly what you wrote here.  That you said "yes" to a visit, not to babysitting.  If she's that tired, she should have stayed home and napped when the kids did.  

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    August 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    Oh no. I don't have grandkids but that wouldn't fly.
  • gmadiane
    August 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

i would have woke her up

• funnygurl56
    August 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I would have done the same thing, honesty is a good thing!

Quoting KittyGram:

Yep.  I would have awakened her and told her exactly what you wrote here.  That you said "yes" to a visit, not to babysitting.  If she's that tired, she should have stayed home and napped when the kids did.  

• CoeyG
    by CoeyG
    August 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I would have woke her ass up and told her that her baby needed changing and when she finished that to help me in the kitchen putting together something for the kids, and to watch her children herself or if she just came over to use me as a day care center and restaurant to pay me for the meal and go home. 

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    August 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I probably would of done what you did and taken care of them, changed them and fed them. Obviously she is wiped out and needed a break.  I would of given her that break and then told her when she woke up that next time to tell me... she just needed to be more specific as to what a visit means and if she needed a break and needed to decompress to just say so.

• aznanaoften
    August 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Ok, so I talked to her after she woke up and I let her know how I felt. She said she really didn't come over to use me as a babysitter. She felt bad and then took me out for lunch. We let the girls play at McDonalds while we had a good talk. We really do have a good mother/ daughter friendship, I just felt used. Thanks Ladies!

• louannwilkins
    August 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I'm glad that you talked about it.  Maybe she was just wiped out too.  I so remember those days!!  lol 

• hugss
    by hugss
    August 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I agree with the others,
    woke her up & said to visit anytime but not to babysit <g>
    although that being said .. next time maybe she will clarify :)

Moms with Adult Kids