Support of Army Wives and Military

shelly312007
****Need Info about stuff being moved***
July 29, 2007 at 8:13 AM
OK tis getting closer for us to find out where we are moving to with the military.  But one thing.  I have had our stuff in storage and boxed up for so long.  What is the best way to move: we move our selves or the military move us?  I was told if you move yourself that they will reinverse you for mor then what you pai. 

Please help me deceide by telling me how you had your stuff moved and experences.  Please????

Replies

• Lovingwife2pj02
    July 29, 2007 at 10:11 PM
    We've always had the military do it for us..Been a bit more easier that way...We also had them move stuff from storage for us once..If you decide that route, then you'll sign a waiver that the stuff was packed yourself and the movers are not responsible for it...It's always just been easier for the military to do it for us..It's up to you though.
  • brosia
    by brosia
    July 29, 2007 at 10:37 PM

You could do what's called a partial DITY- do it yourself. You do make more money that way. Take what you can fit into your vehicles and possibly add on a trailer. There is paperwork, of course, to fill out before hand. Your husband should get this at his transportation briefing. Try to go to the briefing as well. You'll get a better idea of what happens during a move straight from the horses mouth. One thing to keep in mind also is that depending where you PCS housing may not be readily available. We just moved in Dec. and did a partial DITY.

• ArmyWifeMomof3
    July 31, 2007 at 1:41 PM

we had the military move us. i just could not do a 3rd move in 2 1/2 yrs... just not happening...  but if everything is already packed... i am not sure what i would do???? it is easy just having them come in and pack. i read a book while they did the packing... good luck!

Support of Army Wives and Military

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts