Tween Titans

M4LG5
What temperature do you keep your thermastat?
by M4LG5
January 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Does it change from day to night?  Do you turn it off at all?

Replies

• Barabell
    January 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM

We keep our house pretty cold. Usually it's on 63, but we'll change it between 60 to 65 depending on how cold we are and whether we have company.

Our thermostat is on the first floor, and our bedrooms are on the second floor. Since heat rises, we do not need to change the setting at night. Usually our second story is warmer than our first story, and we have 3 air vents upstairs even though the square-footage is 1/2 the size (or less) than the first floor. Plus, I have a heated mattress pad that I use to warm up my side of the bed.

• steelcrazy
    January 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

We keep ours at 65 and don't change it until it is time to turn to turn on the a/c.  We turn it off when it is warm enough that we don't need the heat to be running, typically in May and we turn the heat on sometime in Oct.

• pattya925
    January 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Normally we keep it at 65-66 when home... I turn it down to high 50's when at work (gone 5 am-830pm).  However, we currently have a lizard friend and can't go below 68. lol!

• STARRYVONN
    January 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM

• embrigmom
    January 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM

During the day around 65-70 and at night i think it's 62-65 we all like to pile on the blankets at night.

• mamarj
    by mamarj
    January 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    Brrrr! Ours is set at 73 during the day and 69 at night! But I think it is off because we had a thermometer hung up for awhile that read the temp a few degrees lower than what our thermostat read.
  • wakymom
    by wakymom
    January 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I try to keep it at 68*, but dh will sometimes push it up to 70*. I think we have it programmed to go down to 66* at night, but I'm not sure.

• kmrtigger
    January 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM

It stays on 69 in the winter. When we go on vacation we do turn it down, but not too much since we have caged pets that a friend comes over to care for while we are gone.

I also turn the hot water heater on the vacation setting when we leave.

• Love_My_4_Boys
    January 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM

We keep ours at 65. We only turn it off if it's warm or if we turn the a/c on.

• Shell89
    by Shell89
    January 4, 2013 at 4:56 PM

In the winter it's 70 during the day. At night it's 62. (if we're going out for the whole day we turn it down) When it gets warm out it gets turned off.

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN