Tween Titans

M4LG5
New Faces of Meth
by M4LG5
December 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM

here is something to share with the kids when talk to them about drugs.  If it scares the crap out of me, I'm sure it will scare the crap out of them too.

Eight years ago, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office launched a campaign called "the Faces of Meth" to address Oregon's methamphetamine problem. The images showed the jarring effects of meth on addicts' faces through before-and-after pictures from their arrest records.

Rehabs.com recently followed suit with this infographic. Warning: these images are disturbing.

Replies

• wenchmommy381
    December 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I've seen this before. I think it would be a great conversation starter for my kids, who are very inquisitive when they see something out of the ordinary. 

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    December 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Quoting wenchmommy381:

I've seen this before. I think it would be a great conversation starter for my kids, who are very inquisitive when they see something out of the ordinary. 

This would be a very interesting conversation with my oldest because her bio dad was a meth addict.  I'm not sure if he is still using or not.  I was told he was clean and sober but I saw a picture with him in the background and his head and neck looked really skinny....skinnier than his usual self.  Neither I or my daughter has seen him since she was 6.5 years old (she is now 9).  She knows that at one point he was doing drugs which was why I chose not to be with him and wanted to protect her from it.

• kmrtigger
    December 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Thanks for sharing this. It's about that time to have another talk with the boys about drugs again. My oldest is now in the middle school, and I know in this town, some kids begin using this young.

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    December 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Wow. Tfs.

• diaperstodating
    December 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    Thank you for sharing.
  • psych_mom
    December 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Thanks for sharing this. I have a brother that is a recovering addict that has tried several things including meth and has been in prison several times due to drugs. He is a good example to my kids for what not to do, but things like this can also help.

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts