November 20, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    Yay!
  • TwinSoccerMom
    November 20, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I really like it!

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    November 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM

A little too country looking for me.  I don't know what makes it "country" except for the colors.  I like brighter kitchens....which is why ours has yellow wall paint, green cabinets and red trimmings.

• Barabell
    November 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Like!

• wenchmommy381
    November 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I kind of like the colors, but I'd rather have an island instead of a table. And 86 the wallpaper... never been a fan of the stuff.

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    November 20, 2012 at 1:10 PM

If i was to go with the color of the cabinets, I would have really bright window treatments and bright colored accents

• psych_mom
    November 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I like what they were trying to achieve with this kitchen but I think it missed the mark by just a little. The island doesn't look very functional and if they had used something that had storage it would make more sense. I like the color of the cabinets, but they make the room too dark- this color would have worked better on the walls and the cabinets would have looked better if they were a lighter color. The appliances are awesome. The window was a place they could have went for a wow factor, and they totally missed that opportunity.

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    November 20, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

I like what they were trying to achieve with this kitchen but I think it missed the mark by just a little. The island doesn't look very functional and if they had used something that had storage it would make more sense. I like the color of the cabinets, but they make the room too dark- this color would have worked better on the walls and the cabinets would have looked better if they were a lighter color. The appliances are awesome. The window was a place they could have went for a wow factor, and they totally missed that opportunity.

That's how I feel too.  I think I would be bored in this kitchen.

Also, I don't know if its just me or not but does that table look like its bent in the middle a little?

• psych_mom
    November 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM

The table does look bent but I am thinking that it is due to age. The right antique piece can work well as an island if it has a function. This table doesn't look very usable. I have an antique dresser that has a granite counter top and works great as an island because I have lots of extra storage and I can use it for rolling out pie dough and things like that. This table looks like if you put too much weight on it, it'll collapse.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting psych_mom:

That's how I feel too.  I think I would be bored in this kitchen.

Also, I don't know if its just me or not but does that table look like its bent in the middle a little?

• Barabell
    November 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I was wondering about that too. I was wondering it if was the lighting for the photography causing the shadows to make it appear bent?

I don't care for the island or the wallpaper. I do like the color of the cabinets and the hardware on it. I'd love that color in my kitchen, which is large and has a lot of light. So it wouldn't look as dark as it does in the kitchen above.

I don't like the window shade either, but in a kitchen, it's a realistic color that deals with the potential of stains  caused from cooking.

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN