November 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Replies

• diaperstodating
    November 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    Yes!
  • the3Rs
    by the3Rs
    November 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Hmmm...this is tough.  I like the loft - but not the painted 'bricks'.  I think that space underneath could be used in much better ways. 

• wenchmommy381
    November 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM

And the kid will have to toss the throw pillows on the floor to have room in the bed. And I know I have a hell of a time making a bed that high up-- it would never look like that again.

Do people live like this, or is this just a catalog?

• psych_mom
    November 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I think this is a room that was done by a designer. It is actually hard to find kid rooms that are in the tween age range, lol. I am thinking I am going to be putting up more mom rooms :) I will say though, when my sons had bunk beds I took care of the problem of the top bunk being made by making my son make the top bunk, so if he had this bed, he would have to make it also.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

And the kid will have to toss the throw pillows on the floor to have room in the bed. And I know I have a hell of a time making a bed that high up-- it would never look like that again.

• Jenniy
    by Jenniy
    November 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    LOVE
  • wenchmommy381
    November 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Don't get me wrong-- it's very pretty, and I love that you're doing this.... I'm just too much of a pragmatist to enjoy interior design. It drives my husband nuts when we talk about houses... I just want an intact roof and more than one toilet.

Quoting psych_mom:

I think this is a room that was done by a designer. It is actually hard to find kid rooms that are in the tween age range, lol. I am thinking I am going to be putting up more mom rooms :)

Quoting wenchmommy381:

• psych_mom
    November 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM

That's fine- but just know that I post these to give people something else to talk about other than the kids, work and things of that nature. It's fun seeing what everyone thinks about all the rooms. I don't like a lot of the ones I post, but if I only posted ones I like, it would get rather boring, lol.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Don't get me wrong-- it's very pretty, and I love that you're doing this.... I'm just too much of a pragmatist to enjoy interior design. It drives my husband nuts when we talk about houses... I just want an intact roof and more than one toilet.

Quoting psych_mom:

I think this is a room that was done by a designer. It is actually hard to find kid rooms that are in the tween age range, lol. I am thinking I am going to be putting up more mom rooms :)

Quoting wenchmommy381:

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    November 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Quoting the3Rs:

Hmmm...this is tough.  I like the oft - but not the painted 'bricks'.  I think that space underneath could be used in much better ways. 

yeah.  I don't like the painted 'bricks' and would rather see drawers or something else that is more functional.  The colors are nice but a little too bland.

• Barabell
    November 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I don't care for it. The colors are very bland, and bed is to high up for no purpose.

• kmrtigger
    November 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Quoting the3Rs:

Hmmm...this is tough.  I like the loft - but not the painted 'bricks'.  I think that space underneath could be used in much better ways. 

All I could think of was the WASTED space, lol.

I do like the room and the painted bricks part. My boys would all 3 LOVE it. But I think the wall could be done like the painted brick, and use that space under the loft for something other than hidden air.

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN