Tween Titans

Cafe MichelleP
Do You Think Animal Cruelty Is A Sign Of A Bigger Problem?
October 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM

12-Year-Old Kills Dog Because He Wanted to Watch It Die

Posted by Ericka Sóuter

terrierPolice say a 12-year-old boy confessed to killing his own dog simply because he got angry with it.

After receiving a 911 call from a woman saying that the child was "hurting the dog," cops went to the boy's apartment. When they arrived, the people inside refused to open the door. They were only able to enter after getting a pass key and what they found was a horrifying sight.

When they finally got inside, they found the 12-pound terrier mix lifeless, hanging from a bedroom door handle. "I was mad at the dog so I killed it," the kid allegedly told cops. He also reportedly said that he wanted to see the poor dog die and showed no remorse for the grizzly crime. He was ultimately taken into custody and booked on felony cruelty to an animal.

This is scary on so many levels. Not only is it beyond cruel and sadistic to kill an animal, this says some really frightening things about this child. We all know this is not normal and where this kind of behavior eventually can lead.

There are numerous serial killers who began their criminal careers this way. It's the first thing that pops into my mind whenever I see a kid trying to harm an dog or cat. Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz, and Jeffrey Dahmer all tortured and killed animals when they were children. FBI profilers have linked that kind of behavior as a marker for later homicidal, sociopathic behavior.

I just hope this kid gets the help that he needs now so that this chilling behavior does not escalate.

Do you think animal cruelty is a sign of a bigger problem?

Replies

• psych_mom
    October 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Yes, it is often the sigh of bigger and much worse mental issues and no it doesn't always happen because someone was abused or something like that. There are people out there that are born with psychotic disorders that do not have a conscious like most other people do and some function like the rest of us and can live normal lives, although they do not feel the same emotions that we feel, but others are excited by harming animals and eventually people and these are the ones that really need help, but often don't get it because their parents don't want to admit that there is anything wrong with their children.

• elkmomma
    October 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Seriously this is a question needed to be asked?

My answer..."Well DUH!"

• wenchmommy381
    November 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I usually get mad about the alarmist nature of these blog posts... but this is spot on. Killing a defenseless animal and being old enough to know life is finite yet being without remorse... get that boy some help and now. 

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts