Tween Titans

Babujai
If you have a tween boy...
by Babujai
October 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM

...would you let him get his ear pierced if he wanted to?

My 11 year old said he might want to get his ear pierced.  I've told him he has to wait until high school at least.

Replies

• Zamaria
    by Zamaria
    October 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    No, I wouldn't let him. I just don't like it on boys personally. My oldest's bio mom had his pierced when he was two. He took it out when he was 8 let it grow closed because he didn't like it. On the other hand, if you don't mind it on boys, why not go ahead and do it? It's not as permanent as a tattoo, in the sense that he can always take it out if he's tired of it or whatever, and the hole won't be noticeable.
  • psych_mom
    October 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM

No, I just don't like it in boys. But he is your son and it is your call.

• steelcrazy
    October 10, 2012 at 12:44 PM

My husband and I have already discussed this topic.  Our oldest son is 12, and hadn't mentioned piercings yet.  However, we both agree that if he wants to pierce his ear(s) we are fine with it, but no younger than 9th grade.  My husband had his ear pierced in HS, and he feels that he would be a hypocrit to strictly forbid our boys from doing that as well.

• darci16
    by darci16
    October 10, 2012 at 12:44 PM

No we wouldn't let him do that, I really don't like it myself and dh is old school. Ds would have to wait until he moved out on his own, lol.

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    October 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM

My DH had his ear pierced in HS, too.

Quoting steelcrazy:

My husband and I have already discussed this topic.  Our oldest son is 12, and hadn't mentioned piercings yet.  However, we both agree that if he wants to pierce his ear(s) we are fine with it, but no younger than 9th grade.  My husband had his ear pierced in HS, and he feels that he would be a hypocrit to strictly forbid our boys from doing that as well.

• Lorena
    by Lorena
    October 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    My 13 and 12 yr old both have there ear pierced. I see no big deal with it my dh had his done in hs..
  • capfelbeck
    October 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    My 6 yo wants his done o.O
  • Babujai
    by Babujai
    October 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM

And?  Have you just said no or are you giving him an age when he can?

Quoting capfelbeck:

My 6 yo wants his done o.O

• wenchmommy381
    October 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I have no problem with it, but my husband probably wouldn't like it. However, it's not very popular where we live anymore, so it's a moot point. I think my tween will have more input as to his hairstyle soon. 

• kmrtigger
    October 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I have no issue with it as long as it's something THEY decide they want done and not because it's a fad or friends are getting it done. And I think waiting until they are in 9th grade might be a nice compromise.

Tween Titans