Tween Titans

Rogue35
Let's talk pumkins?
by Rogue35
October 9, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Do you buy at the store or go to the pumkin patch? Do you carve or paint it? Tell me or show me?

Replies

• Rogue35
    by Rogue35
    October 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    I bought mine at the store. We usually carve them the week of Halloween.
  • bleumonster
    October 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    We usually buy from the store and we have done both but my kids prefer carving.
  • psych_mom
    October 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    We bought one from the store and it's not getting cut or painted.
  • M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    October 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

If the kids don't go on a field trip to the pumpkin patch, I'll take them to one of the places near our house.  There is one place that is like a Halloween amusement park....but having time to go is really hard.

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    October 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Oh....and last year we carved it.....well, I carved most of it.  The years prior to that, the girls painted it.

• brandi185
    October 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM

we get fake carvable pumpkins and real pumpkins.  we live in houston, texas so we can't get real pumpkins for carving until about a week before halloween because they'll turn to mush.  so every year we get at least 1 fake carvable pumpkin and when halloween is over we turn them around until thanksgiving is over then we store them till next year.  we have 4 collected so far.  we still need to buy 1 for this year.  about a week before halloween we get a real pumpkin from where ever they are still available for each of us.  sometimes more.  this year for what we're doing we'll need at least 8 so we each get one and for the pumpkin man we're going to make.  we always carve pumpkins.  we even use power tools.  

• RachaelMommy3
    October 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM

We always go to the pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins, and then we carve some and paint some.

• Zamaria
    by Zamaria
    October 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    I buy mine from a roadside stand down the street from my house. We carve them and I make pumpkin butter from the insides. Yummy! And it makes great Christmas gifts for co-workers and teachers, etc.
  • wakymom
    by wakymom
    October 10, 2012 at 4:03 PM

We buy at the store. We get one big one to carve, and each kid gets a smaller one to color w/ Sharpies.

• kmrtigger
    October 14, 2012 at 10:47 PM

We do both.  Just depends on what the kids are in the mood to do each year. We carve or paint depending on mood as well.

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN