Tween Titans

Rogue35
Hoilday meals who cooks?
by Rogue35
October 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM
At my house I do. My mom makes a little bit of the food but I mainly cook. I start the day before. It really wears you out when you are done. But you have a yummy meal and leaft overs.

Replies

• bleumonster
    October 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    Not me LOL. Half the time I work on the holiday anyway and my kids go to friends or relatives. The rest of the time we go to someone's house or just do a special meal together but not usually turkey or ham.
  • psych_mom
    October 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    We split it. I do the turkey for thanksgiving and everyone brings stuff and my mom does the ham for Christmas and everyone brings stuff.
  • Rogue35
    by Rogue35
    October 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    Quoting bleumonster:

Not me LOL. Half the time I work on the holiday anyway and my kids go to friends or relatives. The rest of the time we go to someone's house or just do a special meal together but not usually turkey or ham.

That sounds so nice.
  • Barabell
    October 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM

My husband usually cooks for Christmas.

He will sometimes cook Thanksgiving, and sometimes we'll go to my mom's house or my aunt's house.

• Lorena
    by Lorena
    October 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    We go to my mil's for all holidays. But when we have it at our house for my family dh and I cook togeather.
  • Mommy4000
    October 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I do. For quite a few years we always spent holidays at my dad's house and he cooked. My brother and I would bring a side or a dessert, but he cooked the main meal. We all had a falling out a few years ago, so now I cook for my family, sometimes we invite friends, and sometimes we host for a family in need.

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    October 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM

yeah....not me.  I may bring a side dish or dessert.....or the napkins and plates. haha

• TJFBGMommy
    October 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

For Thanksgiving we normally just have pizza since we don't go anywhere and I don't like traditional Thanksgiving foods. For Christmas I normally just bring something easy. My mom and sister don't like my cooking (I don't blame them). But now that my husband and I are vegan, we're going to have to rethink our plans. 

• brandi185
    October 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM

i do all of the cooking unless we have guests then my mil or dh's cousin helps.  i never handle the turkey though.  i have an irrational fear of touching raw, whole birds.  i had a full blown anxiety fit a few years ago while preparing the turkey for the overnight brine.  so now dh rinses, holds, and moves it while i do things to it.  

• justcyarra
    October 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

we usually have a party with close to 50 people and I cook everything

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts