Tween Titans

Tonya_Lynn84
Making more changes...
October 9, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I am sure some of you read my last post about the problems I have been having with my soon to be 11yr old son!

Some suggested to make mornings go smoother, they don't have chores! So as I sit here again feeling like crap because I apparently did something wrong to set my son off, I think I will be doing all the morning chores myself!

I quit cooking him breakfast because no matter what he didn't like it and didn't have a problem telling me it was disgusting and scrapping it out! So now he makes himself a bowl of cereal every morning, while I cook for his brother and sister. I wanted him to see what he is missing by me not cooking for him, but he doesn't seem to have a problem eating cereal.

For ones who don't have morning chores, how early do you get them up before they catch the bus? What do they do besides brush teeth and get ready for school? Bed making? Put clothes in hamper? or just nothing but get ready for school?

Replies

• Rogue35
    by Rogue35
    October 9, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    Mine get up and we just focus on getting ready for school. If they help with chores it is after school.
  • Zamaria
    by Zamaria
    October 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    Mine get up an hour before they have to leave the house. They don't have morning chores other than to clean up after themselves and make their beds. All their chores are after school things. That includes making sure their rooms are clean and laying out their school clothes for the next day before they go to bed.
  • Tonya_Lynn84
    October 9, 2012 at 8:54 AM

So maybe I am expecting to much of him, by giving him chores in the morning...

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    October 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Ds1 just has to get up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, pull his school stuff together, and get out to the bus.

Ds2 has to do pretty much the same, except I still spoil him and either double check that he has everything or do it myself.

Dd usually takes her shower before bed, so she has less to do in the a.m.

I make all 3 kids their lunch if they are not buying, but they usually get their own breakfast.

• Barabell
    October 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

My son usually showers in the evening. He has to leave the house at 6:30 to catch the school bus. So he just gets up at 6 am to dress, brush teeth, get is backpack together, and grab a breakfast bar in the morning. He also gets a small breakfast for free once he gets to school.

• Barabell
    October 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Also, how are things going with you and your son?

• Lorena
    by Lorena
    October 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    Mine get up an hour before the bus comes and the focuse on getting ready for school. And mornings are like walking on egg shells around here anything can set ds2 off. I do not push chores in the morning for withiut them they almost miss the bus.
  • M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    October 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Here is what our girls do....

Wake up at 6:30 (DD1 takes a shower in the morning)

Get dressed by themselves

Get their own cereals or waffles

I brush my twins hair or they do their own.

They brush their teeth.

We are out the door.

Easy peasy!

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    October 9, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Quoting Tonya_Lynn84:

So maybe I am expecting to much of him, by giving him chores in the morning...

I think so.  Most kids are grumpy until later on when they start to really wake up.  I'd rather have a grumpy-free morning than chores done.

• Tonya_Lynn84
    October 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Depends on the day and what I happen to say!

Quoting Barabell:

Also, how are things going with you and your son?

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN