Tween Titans

gal409
Getting High On Hand Sanitizer
by gal409
April 25, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I saw this this morning on GMA and was floored !! have you heard of this? Getting High on H and Sanitizer??? They mix the Hand Sanitizer with salt , it breaks down to alcolhol and they then filter it and then they have 65proof alcolhol !!!!! where do they come up with this crap?????

Replies

• STKsMomma
    April 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
    Yes! Some kids drink it! Along with mouthwashes!
  • vermontmoms
    April 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    I know elem kids have been hospitalized from using it and licking it. It is full of alcohol; personally I think it should be banned in elem schools. I think it has ruined kids hygeine; they no longer know how to wash hands properly b/c they think a squirt is all they need. If you are ever in an elem school watch them apply the hand san.; they squirt on the palm and never get the finger tips which is what spreads germs.
  • gal409
    by gal409
    April 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Iv'e heard of the the Pam,,mouth wash  but there is a process to get to the alcohol ..   

• steelcrazy
    April 25, 2012 at 11:27 AM

This is why you have to keep on open dialoge with your children about what is going on at school and also what you hear on the news and news like shows (GMA, 20/20, etc).  Every generation of kids finds some crazy thing that they either sniff or ingest to get a high off of it, so this really is not a new trend in the least, just a new product that they are using.

• gal409
    by gal409
    April 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I never thought about that  ,but you are right .I make my DD wash all the time  and she not happy about it  the only time we use it is in the car .comming out of stores because of the germs but man this is just crazy !!!!! Whats next????

Quoting vermontmoms:

I know elem kids have been hospitalized from using it and licking it. It is full of alcohol; personally I think it should be banned in elem schools. I think it has ruined kids hygeine; they no longer know how to wash hands properly b/c they think a squirt is all they need. If you are ever in an elem school watch them apply the hand san.; they squirt on the palm and never get the finger tips which is what spreads germs.

• bupkie
    by bupkie
    April 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

SOOO SOO GROSS!    

We got an email home about 4/20... National Get High Day.... (sorry if ya missed it!)    j/k...       They were talking about it with the kids at middle school...    

But DS in Elementary School did keep hand cleaner in his desk in 1st-2nd grade!   The kids weren't allowed to get up and wash their hands before snack - only after!!!  (The teacher was a real piece of work!)  Oh, and they ate snack ON THE FLOOR!!!!  Not kidding.  So glad those days are over!  

• gal409
    by gal409
    April 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Iv'e known about 4-20  but this is so nuts to me .How do they come up with this stuff????And yes Iv'e had a few teachers like that , It's like what are you thinking ????

Quoting bupkie:

SOOO SOO GROSS!    

We got an email home about 4/20... National Get High Day.... (sorry if ya missed it!)    j/k...       They were talking about it with the kids at middle school...    

But DS in Elementary School did keep hand cleaner in his desk in 1st-2nd grade!   The kids weren't allowed to get up and wash their hands before snack - only after!!!  (The teacher was a real piece of work!)  Oh, and they ate snack ON THE FLOOR!!!!  Not kidding.  So glad those days are over!  

• Rogue35
    by Rogue35
    April 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    I think it id just sad. Sometimes I feel like when they tell it on the news it just gives kids idras to do it.
  • SuperLooneyMom
    April 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM
    Omg I work in a drug store. I am really tired of locking crap up!!!?!. I just had a couple kids come in buying rubbing alcohol. I'm really concerned since it was after school started. I'm looking at asking my boss to restrict certain OTC products until a student has an adult present.

Oi
  • styler7
    by styler7
    April 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I didn't know about the filtering of it but a few years ago when my husband was a drill sergeant, every new cycle of basic training had privates getting caught being drunk on the sanitizer. ...And they were adults!

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts