Tween Titans

mazzoncini-mom
10 yr old boy & puberty?
April 27, 2007 at 2:25 PM
Is he really starting and what comes first?
He smells after playing outside HAHAHA when dont they?
You know he smells more bo than dirty little boy.  Also not that I have checked but he says he is getting hairy and it is freaking him out cause we are Italian and all the men in our family are very hairy. He is thinking it will be coming out his ears soon kinda funny but I see his concern. Yes I explained that comes much later in life. I told him to let me know when the hair is dark like black.
Is it possible already?
Thanks for helping,
Shannon

Replies

• justoneson
    April 27, 2007 at 2:31 PM
    Funny you should post this.  Our son is 11yrs and for about a year now the "funk" that eminates off of him after playing is something else.  A lot of times we will have 2 or 3 of his friends over as well.  The fresh air just leaves the house when they all come in at the same time.    I have had to buy him Clearasil 'cause all of a sudden he started having actual acne.  I am sooooo  not ready for this.
  • badcats
    by badcats
    April 27, 2007 at 2:47 PM
    Yeah... our son is 11 (and on the autistic spectrum - high functioning, but some definite social and hygenic issues).  He isn't quite to the smelly/hairy stage, but I think it will be very soon, and I"M NOT READY!!!!!!!!  I was more prepared when my daughter had her first period!  I was more ready when she got MARRIED!!  Laughing
  • austinsmom2026
    April 27, 2007 at 2:49 PM
    Yes, it is definately possible. My oldest is 12 and his BO started at 10 as well. Now I have the pleasure of dealing with the hormonal mood swings and having to ask him if he put deoderant on after his shower Yell. I can also relate to the smell! I mean good lord! It can knock you out cold with one gentle breeze! Good luck, the ride is just beginning so make sure you buckle up tight!
  • btlsmum
    by btlsmum
    April 27, 2007 at 3:46 PM
    Yes, it could totally be happening. Seems that most boys by the 5th grade are wearing deoderant wether they need it or not. LOL
  • momof3boys2411
    April 27, 2007 at 3:48 PM
    My son is 11. He does have BO, but the worst part is the moodiness that has started in the last few months. Has anyone else had to deal with that? I also think that he thinks that I'm the most annoying, stupid person in the world.
  • mazzoncini-mom
    April 27, 2007 at 6:25 PM
    Yes he is very sensitive and moody He will cry when he gets his feelings hurt
     {all the time}  
    His brother and sister are bothering him all the time.
    He needs alone time even if it is in the middle of the living room we are all suppose to leave him alone.
    Thanks for the responses.
    Shannon
  • cammattsophie
    April 29, 2007 at 4:25 PM
    I can't believe I even have to begin to think about these issues! When I brought my 10 yr. old son for his yearly wellness check, they gave me a sheet on puberty to read with him. Well, after reading it myself I threw it away! I guess I'm not the one ready to deal with it. It talked briefly about sexual feelings, masturbation, etc. I guess I'm totally not there yet. Maybe I'm naive, because he's my oldest, but does anyone have talks about these things with their 10 yr. old??
  • dolphinmeh
    May 14, 2007 at 4:55 PM
    This is so funny!!  My step-son (but lives with us 90% of the time) has BO bad.  He will be 10 in July.  I actually noticed it last fall during football.  My husband made him take showers twice a day (before school and after football practice).  The smell seemed to go away during the winter but now that it is so hot out (live in AZ 100 degrees), I have finally convinced my husband to talk to our son about deodarant and how to use it.  I think my husband is the one not ready for him to be growing up and going through this.
  • breauxlady
    May 14, 2007 at 5:20 PM
    Yes, it's possible!  My daughter is 10 and she is starting to get little buds and hair is starting to grow in down below.  I myself was 10 when I got my monthly friend.  I can't imagine that some kids don't hit puberty until they are 16 but everyone is different. :)
  • busybee671011
    May 15, 2007 at 2:43 AM
    My son has used deodorant since he was 11.

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts