Tween Titans

Cafe Naomi
Ask the Expert: How to Navigate the Tween Years
January 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Has your sweet child turned moody and defiant almost overnight?  Wondering what's going on - and more importantly, how to handle it?

We've got help!

Julie Ross, M.A., Executive Director of Parenting Horizons and author of How to Hug a Porcupine: Negotiating the Prickly Points of the Tween Years will be here all next week to answer YOUR questions about tween behavior, and how to cope!

Ask Julie your questions today and you could win a copy of her book!  2 moms will win.

Thank you for joining us, Julie!

The Official Rules
To enter the this contest, reply to this post. Click on the 'reply to post' button at the top (or bottom) of that post. When the text box opens, add your reply. Once you've added your reply, click on the "Add Reply' button.

• Posts must be made between Thursday, January 5 at 1 pm EST and Sunday, January 15 at 11:59 pm EST.  
  • This contest will end on Sunday, January 15 at 11:59 pm EST. 
  • Two winners will be selected randomly.
  • The winners will be posted on this thread and will be notified via CafeMom PM.
  • Multiple replies are allowed and will increase  your chances of winning.
  • Prizes are only available to members who live in the US or Canada (excluding Quebec).
  • Two winners will receive a copy of "How to Hug a Porcupine"  

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    January 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM

When does the tween years generally begin?

• Jillysmom
    January 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM

what is the best way to deal with the screaming?

• jhelmke
    by jhelmke
    January 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    How do you deal with moodiness? Friends that are moody.
  • AlilKittyKat
    January 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I always felt that my DD=12y were very close and we've a great bond.  However the last couple of years she's changed: moods are a roller coater, she says she wants to talk/spend time with me (but when i do she has a flat effect), constant fighting with both her older and younger sib's (18y & 6y).. It's very frusterating, it's like who is this person that is in my home.. I know it's the age, and sometimes i feel that i get through to her and other times not so much.. I just dont know what to do with her anymore

• AstuteMama
    January 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM

How do I get my tween to talk instead of shutting down and exploding?

• christi34
    January 5, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    How do I talk to my teen about sex without getting them grossed out?
  • jaxmybaby
    January 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    Every time I ask my DD (11) how her day was, or to pick up her mess she says that I'm yelling at her (I'm not) and storms off. What do I do?!?
  • bellasdesserts
    January 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM

How do you deal with a know it all tween?  She is constantly making statements as if they are fact, when in actuallity, they are false.  She constantly argues with everyone.

• shelbyh032
    January 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM

How do I get my 12 yr. old son to understand that when I tell him/remind him to take a shower that I'm not saying he stinks I'm just trying to get him to understand he needs to shower every day so he doesn't stink?  Thanks

• m00ny
    by m00ny
    January 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Hi, I have a fifeteen year old son who is autistic,it seems like I have to constantly remind him of things I have asked him to do.He is high functioning and very smart, he has proven to me he has a really good memory, and yet, I have such a hard time getting him to finish chores, take a shower, do his homework etc...without constantly reminding him.Why is he doing this and what can I do to not seem like I am constantly nagging and fighting with him?

Thanks Teresa

Tween Titans

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN