Happy Homeschoolers

mandamommy3.
Looking for K-8 guided curriculum???
December 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Ok so their are sooooooo many different choices i am getting lost in a sea of HS curriculum choices that I am thinking that a comprehensive program to start with complete with work books and material by grade is the way to go. I am hoping to find a curriculum that ranges from k-8th grade any thoughts????????  I have heard the well trained mind s a great program but when  stumbled upon the website i could only find a book on how to HS not the guided curriculum?????? Any thoughts????? Thanks for any help and info :)

Excited  to get my little guy started this summer :)simple smile

Replies

• BramblePatch
    December 29, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    We use Christian Liberty Press and we love it. You can find their curriculums at http://www.shopchristianliberty.com/curriculum-kits/
  • ncstress
    December 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I believe SOS goes from k-high school.

• AutymsMommy
    December 29, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Religoius preferences? Budget?

There are many out there, but you need to decide if you want secular, protestant, or catholic and you need to decide on a budget (the full curriucula can range from a couple hundred to a couple thousand).

• Mommy2Phenley
    December 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM

The book The Well Trained Mind does have a guided curriculum mapped out. It's not an all-in-one-box kind of deal, but it's spelled out exactly what to do each year. I thought the same as you when I first heard of it and thought it was just a book *about* homeschooling, but it's not. It is instruction in a specific homeschooling method and maps out how to do it.

• kjohns0072
    January 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM

We have just started Christian liberty curriculum, it came with every subject and all we would need for the whole school year.  It seems great so far.

• gummibear
    January 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM

http://www.lessonpathways.com

• GELiz
    by GELiz
    January 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM

How old is your little guy? Son Light has good material- but the History is a little graphic for little ones. I like to look by subject and find materials that have visuals and manipulatives. I do not know of one that I would reccommend the whole thing. Maybe someone else out there has.

• kjohns0072
    January 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM

My kids are 6 and 9, I took them out of public school at Christmas break and we have been using Christian liberty curriculum.  I am having a blast teaching them and learning with them.  I work full time as well so it has been an adjustment, but it is worth it!

Happy Homeschoolers