Happy Homeschoolers

tiredmomfor2
Need A General Science Book Suggestion...
December 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
My kids are in K and 1st. We are currently using Apologia Science..working our way through a couple different ones. I love Apologia..but haven't really found a science book for grade school from them that covered general science. Such as magnets and things like that.
I want to pick up a general science book to have around the house for the kids to use. My son has been asking a lot of general science questions and I want to be able to pull out a book for him to check out.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• tiredmomfor2
    December 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    Oh and easy experiments are a must! :)
  • TinasTribe
    December 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM

You could always google his questions. 

• AutymsMommy
    December 4, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Galore Park's junior science series would fit the bill nicely. It is secular though (noticed you prefer Apologia, so I'm not sure if Galore Park is an option for you).

• JulieBrown
    December 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM

usborne science encyclopedia

• Jinx-Troublex3
    December 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

We like science in a Nutshell kits - they are a bit expensive $40 each I believe - but they have everything in them for three students. they are supposedly for grades 3-6 but most of them could easily be done with Kinder and 1st graders as long as you change the vocabulary a bit. I did them when DS2 was in 3rd and DD was Kinder and other than writing in the Journals she had no problem doing the experiments and understanding it.

Happy Homeschoolers