Happy Homeschoolers

xrussianbabe02
Anyone else homeschooling twins?
August 31, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I have 4 year old I.D. twins, and I have been homeschooling them for a while now, but this will be the first year I am making things fairly structured. The problem is that my girls hardly stop fighting long enough to breathe (It has got to be a twin thing because all of the other moms of twins I know say the same thing). Anyone else in the same boat? Any tips or advice? TIA!

Replies

• MommaTasha1003
    August 31, 2011 at 11:36 PM

my bff does.. so far she has not complained about fighting. they are 5yo. but in their house they work hard  on family values/christian values/rules..

• xrussianbabe02
    September 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Mine have been fighting since they were 7 months old! It's just the way it goes when they are the same age and gender and want the exact same things.

• KaiCosmom
    September 2, 2011 at 9:46 AM

My friend also homeschools twins, hers are boys. They are in the 3rd grade. Hers don't fight, they are very close but they have a hard time paying attention. They seem to distract each other. This is her first year homeschooling so she is still working through the whole staying at home thing to though.

• xrussianbabe02
    September 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Hmm... maybe I should check in one of my twin groups. Thanks anyway!

• motheroffour186
    December 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I am I have a boy and a girl 4 years old. Yes i do have that problem as well stop fighting long enough to breathe. it is crazy.Find out how they like and what they like to do and a common ground they both like to dance they is where they come together other wise they both do the opposite thing all together my boy learned his numbers in a grocery still while checking out the women my daughter learn by listening so we sing and dance with http://www.havefunteaching.com/

• oaron5555
    December 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I have twin boys, second grade.  They fight, I would assume like any siblings do.  When it is school time they don't fight because we are learning and it is very structured so there isn't really an opportunity to fight.  The only time they argue when learning is if the other one answers a question before the other to try and out shine their brother.  I recently set up a system that if they interupt and answer when  I am asking the other child for the answer they have to write ten sentences and if it happens again twenty sentences.  This has seemed to work.  I have boys who really do not like to write all that much.  But a consequence for bickering is something I might try if I were in your shoes.  It has been effective for us.  Good luck.

Happy Homeschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN