MaD.mOmS

raurismomma07
Movie inspired...
May 22, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Recipes :)

Butterbeer

From the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

I figure this is probably one that everybody knows and has been curious about, so it makes an appropriate first post. I got this recipe from Sandra Lee of the Food Network whom I normally despise but have to give kudos to for this one. I came across a few different recipes for it but I liked this one best... unfortunately. Perfect for the holidays!

Igredients

1/4 cup unsweetened condensed milk

1/4 cup butterscotch topping

2 tablespoons whipped butter, room temperature

1 1/2 cups vanilla cream soda

Directions
Combine condensed milk, butterscotch topping, and butter in a glass heatproof measuring cup. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir until butter has melted and incorporated into mixture. Meanwhile heat cream soda in another heatproof measuring cup for 1 minute 30 seconds. Divide butterscotch mixture between 2 (10 to 12-ounce) mugs. Fill mugs with heated cream soda and stir thoroughly. Serve garnished with a cinnamon stick or an old-fashioned butterscotch candy stick.

Replies

• raurismomma07
    May 22, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Pumpkin Pasties

From the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

This is the first "repeat" recipe. By "repeat" I mean I've already posted another recipe from Harry Potter, Butterbeer, which was actually the first entry to this blog. Some nerdy things are just a plethora of tasty-sounding fantasy food, and Harry Potter is one of them. A pasty is a filled pastry case, commonly associated with Cornwall in the UK. It's made by placing filling on a flat pastry shape, usually a circle, and folding it to wrap the filling, crimping the edge to form a seal. The result is a raised semicircular package of yummy. In Harry Potter, Pumpkin Pasties are a wizarding food sold on the Hogwarts Express food trolley, and were enjoyed by Harry and Ron on their first trip to school. Traditional Cornish pasties are usually savory and filled with diced beef and potatoes, but since the main ingredient is pumpkin and it is sold with other sweets like chocolate frogs and jellybeans, it is assumed that Rowling's pasties are sweet. But, for those of you who always figured Pumpkin Pasties to be savory, here is my recipe recommendation: Savory Pumpkin Pasties.

Ingredients

2 eggs, slightly beaten

3/4 cup sugar

2 cups fresh sugar pumkin (or 1lb. canned)

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tbs. melted butter

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ginger

1/2 tsp. cloves

1/2 tsp. cardamon

1/2 t. allspice

1 can evaporated milk

9 oz. pie crust pastry (enough for two single standard pie crusts)

Directions:
    If you don't know how to prep fresh pumpkin, here's some instructions.
    Add eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix until well blended. Stir in the pumpkin, butter, salt and spices. Add evaporated milk and mix well. Bake the filling in a large casserole dish that has been buttered or sprayed with pam. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 45 minutes or until your fork comes out clean. Let the filling cool completely. Make or purchase pie crust pastry. Roll pastry thin and cut into circles about 4 inches in diameter. Put a spoonful of the pumpkin mixture towards one side of the center of the circle. Fold over the crust into a half-circle and firmly crimp the edges closed. Cut with a paring knife three small slits in the top for venting. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
    Bake at 400 degrees only until crust is a light golden brown, around 10 minutes. Dust with cinnamon and serve at room temperature.
  • ChunkyM0nkey3x
    May 23, 2011 at 12:47 PM

mmmm Butterbeer lol i wanna try it

• Chibi_Kitten
    May 23, 2011 at 1:10 PM

I have to go shopping now. :)

• raurismomma07
    May 23, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I know right Im gonna make these at my Harry Potter Party in July if yall are in San Antonio come....

• Chibi_Kitten
    May 23, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I'm in San Diego, I don't think that's too far from me! Unfortunately, July is kind of busy for me, especially toward the end but I'm definitely going to make a list of these ingredients and pick some up the next time I go shopping.

• raurismomma07
    May 23, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I was going to tell you they have a Harry Potter cookbook you can buy it at walmart.com (cheapest I found) the reviews on it are good! i just bought it for the party Im doing..

Quoting Chibi_Kitten:

I'm in San Diego, I don't think that's too far from me! Unfortunately, July is kind of busy for me, especially toward the end but I'm definitely going to make a list of these ingredients and pick some up the next time I go shopping.

• Esmrlda
    by Esmrlda
    May 23, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Oooh that sounds good.

• Chibi_Kitten
    May 23, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I will totally look into that, thank you!

Quoting raurismomma07:

I was going to tell you they have a Harry Potter cookbook you can buy it at walmart.com (cheapest I found) the reviews on it are good! i just bought it for the party Im doing..

Quoting Chibi_Kitten:

• Chibi_Kitten
    June 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Just thought I'd share our butterbeer experience! :)

MaD.mOmS

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts