Mastocytosis

del_bug
Cromolyn Cream Recipe
by del_bug
July 30, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Cromolyn Cream Recipe

You can make this cream yourself using any form of cromolyn (Gastrocrom, Nasalcrom, Intal or cromolyn eyedrops). The recipe for it was developed by a nurse and pharmacist who are both mastocytosis sufferers. Nasalcrom is available over the counter, and is probably the cheapest.

• 2 tsp glycerine
  • 1/2 cup of Vanicream (ordered from the pharmacist) or other thick lotion (such as Eucerin)
  • 1 whole bottle of Nasalcrom

Thoroughly mix together all the ingredients. Apply daily to the desired area. Be sure to start by dotting it onto a small area of skin away from the face (inner forearm, maybe) daily for three days before putting it onto a large area.

Replies

• bellasmom870
    July 31, 2008 at 8:41 AM

When Bella was younger I wasn't sure if this cream even worked but now she tells me that it feels good. This is a great cream and helps Bella a lot. It gets much easier when our little ones can tell us what works and what doesn't.

• del_bug
    by del_bug
    July 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM

I know what you mean, Candi is getting to that stage now that she can tell me more than she used to be able to!  So glad of that now!

• Leahsmom1508
    August 26, 2008 at 9:43 PM

I just recently started Leah on this cream. She has only been on it for three days. I really hope it works for her. Is it just for itching or does it help her blisters too I wonder?

• Giggleupagus
    December 17, 2008 at 10:57 AM

I love this stuff (or I should say Isaiah loves this stuff)!!  He even puts it on himself and says, "Bye-bye, itchies!"  =0)  I can't say that it gets rid of his rashes, but it does bring him some relief.

I have also sprayed it directly on his skin (no dilution), and that has greatly helped.  The rashes even begin to disappear!  I can't say that he likes that too much, but it does help.

Kelly

• del_bug
    by del_bug
    December 18, 2008 at 7:24 AM

Quoting Giggleupagus:

I love this stuff (or I should say Isaiah loves this stuff)!!  He even puts it on himself and says, "Bye-bye, itchies!"  =0)  I can't say that it gets rid of his rashes, but it does bring him some relief.

I have also sprayed it directly on his skin (no dilution), and that has greatly helped.  The rashes even begin to disappear!  I can't say that he likes that too much, but it does help.

Kelly

That's awesome!  I know that Candice likes to have this or even the steroid cream put on hers and she says it's much better!  Makes me feel good that she gest some relief!

• gunter158
    April 5, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Riley really like this stuff! I had a hard time finding some of the ingrediants ( one of the many perks of living in a small town) but after i got them from a *SUPER* wal-mart ( because we don't have one of those haha!) I mixed it up and asked Riley if he felt better and i got the head nod and then a huge hug! Now when he starts itching he grabs my hand and points at the tub of loiton and says, "Momma, I want that!" Sooooo... Thanks so much for the info!

Mastocytosis

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts