The Book Club

tooptimistic
NY Times Current Best Sellers for Paperback..
March 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM

This weeks best sellers..

Have you read any of these?

Planning to read?

Replies

• tooptimistic
    March 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM

JUST KATE, by Linda Lael Miller. (Harlequin, $6.99.) After a painful betrayal by those she loves, Kate Blake decides it’s time to live for herself and claim what she wants; includes the bonus book "His Only Wife," by Cathy McDavid. 3

• Bleacheddecay
    March 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    Generally I try to avoid best sellers. I don't think what everyone else is doing is what's best most of the time.

I've already read The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. I really enjoyed it once I got past the first few chapters and to where the humans were.

I've tried to read A Game Of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin more than once but it just hasn't worked for me yet. I expect someday to read it and watch the show.

Kill Me If You Can, by James Patterson is one I might read someday. I first have to get over the last book by him that I read. It really angered me and I felt lied to as a reader. I used to love his books.
  • VanBurren
    March 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Quoting tooptimistic:

STAY CLOSE, by Harlan Coben. (Signet, $9.99.) A disappearance in Atlantic City brings together three frustrated people — a soccer mom, a photographer and a detective — whose lives were once connected. 

I love Harlan Coben....this one is on my list:)

• VanBurren
    March 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quoting tooptimistic:

KILLING FLOOR, by Lee Child. (Jove, $9.99.) In the first book in the Jack Reacher series, Child’s ex-military investigator is just passing through Margrave, Ga., when he’s arrested for murder. 15

I've read this one....great book.  In fact, I think about four books in on this series, but this first one was the best so far.  LOVE Jack Reacher.

• indygo88
    March 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM

"The Host" is the only one I've read, & probably the only of those that I will read.

• RhiannonMare
    March 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I avoid best sellers as well. If it's a book that I really want to read then I'll read it, but I won't read a book simply because it's on the best sellers list. I used to work at Books a Million and we had a regular customer who would ask us to print out the list of the NY Times best seller lists because that's how she picked out what she would read.

Since I love epic fantasy, I really, really wanted to enjoy A Game of Thrones. But the only character I really cared for, Eddard Stark, got whacked and after he was gone I realized that I didn't give a damn about any of the other characters.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Generally I try to avoid best sellers. I don't think what everyone else is doing is what's best most of the time.

I've already read The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. I really enjoyed it once I got past the first few chapters and to where the humans were.

I've tried to read A Game Of Thrones, by George R. R. Martin more than once but it just hasn't worked for me yet. I expect someday to read it and watch the show.

Kill Me If You Can, by James Patterson is one I might read someday. I first have to get over the last book by him that I read. It really angered me and I felt lied to as a reader. I used to love his books.

• babygirl5151999
    March 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I haven't read any of them, but probably would read the "girly" ones

The Book Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN