The Book Club

tooptimistic
Have a Chick Lit recommendation? Post it here.
February 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM

chick lit

noun Slang: Sometimes Offensive.
                               literature that appeals to women, usually having a romantic or sentimental theme.

What's your favorite Chick Lit read?
Just finished a great chick lit book?  Tell us here, so we know to read it!!!

A little bit of what it was about without spoiling it would be great, so other moms know why it was so good, and will want to read it too!!

Replies

• tooptimistic
    February 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My favorite Chick Lit book of all time!!  :)

In the summer of 1977, Victoria Leonard's world changed forever—when Caitlin Somers chose her as a friend. Dazzling, reckless Caitlin welcomed Vix into the heart of her sprawling, eccentric family, opening doors to a world of unimaginable privilege, sweeping her away to vacations on Martha's Vineyard, a magical, wind-blown island where two friends became summer sisters. . . .

Now, years later, Vix is working in New York City. Caitlin is getting married on the Vineyard. And the early magic of their long, complicated friendship has faded. But Caitlin has begged Vix to come to her wedding, to be her maid of honor. And Vix knows that she will go—for the friend whose casual betrayals she remembers all too well. Because Vix wants to understand what happened during that last shattering summer. And, after all these years, she needs to know why her best friend—her summer sister—still has the power to break her heart....

If you Love chick lit, you have to read this!!  ♥
  • MCA23
    by MCA23
    February 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I wouldn't call it chick lit specifically, but my absolutely favorite of all time is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.  It's actually a big long series, Outlander is the first.

Also LOVE 'Into the Wilderness' by Sara Donati.

Have read both of them so many times, I'm on my 2nd/3rd copies.  Have worn them out.

• tooptimistic
    February 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM

You know its a well loved book if the spine looks a more than a little worn.  :)

Quoting MCA23:

I wouldn't call it chick lit specifically, but my absolutely favorite of all time is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.  It's actually a big long series, Outlander is the first.

Also LOVE 'Into the Wilderness' by Sara Donati.

Have read both of them so many times, I'm on my 2nd/3rd copies.  Have worn them out.

• tifftorres
    April 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM

For eighteen years, Jude Farraday has put her children’s needs above her own, and it shows—her twins, Mia and Zach—are bright and happy teenagers. When Lexi Baill moves into their small, close knit community, no one is more welcoming than Jude. Lexi, a former foster child with a dark past, quickly becomes Mia’s best friend. Then Zach falls in love with Lexi and the three become inseparable.

Jude does everything to keep her kids on track for college and out of harm’s way. It has always been easy-- until senior year of high school. Suddenly she is at a loss. Nothing feels safe anymore; every time her kids leave the house, she worries about them.

On a hot summer’s night her worst fears come true. One decision will change the course of their lives. In the blink of an eye, the Farraday family will be torn apart and Lexi will lose everything. In the years that follow, each must face the consequences of that single night and find a way to forget…or the courage to forgive.

• tifftorres
    April 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM

In the turbulent summer of 1974, Kate Mularkey has accepted her place at the bottom of the eighth-grade social food chain. Then, to her amazement, the "coolest girl in the world" moves in across the street and wants to be her friend. Tully Hart seems to have it all---beauty, brains, ambition. On the surface they are as opposite as two people can be: Kate, doomed to be forever uncool, with a loving family who mortifies her at every turn. Tully, steeped in glamour and mystery, but with a secret that is destroying her. They make a pact to be best friends forever; by summer�s end they�ve become TullyandKate. Inseparable.

Spanning more than three decades and playing out across the ever-changing face of the Pacific Northwest, Firefly Lane is the poignant, powerful story of two women and the friendship that becomes the bulkhead of their lives.

For thirty years, Tully and Kate buoy each other through life, weathering the storms of friendship---jealousy, anger, hurt, resentment. They think they�ve survived it all until a single act of betrayal tears them apart…and puts their courage and friendship to the ultimate test

• Kimmiky
    by Kimmiky
    April 5, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    Anything by Sophie Kinsella or Emily Giffin
  • camiam81
    June 16 at 3:18 PM

I recommend the Fool's Gold series.

• KittyGram
    June 18 at 2:47 PM

Quoting tooptimistic:

My favorite Chick Lit book of all time!!  :)

In the summer of 1977, Victoria Leonard's world changed forever—when Caitlin Somers chose her as a friend. Dazzling, reckless Caitlin welcomed Vix into the heart of her sprawling, eccentric family, opening doors to a world of unimaginable privilege, sweeping her away to vacations on Martha's Vineyard, a magical, wind-blown island where two friends became summer sisters. . . .

Now, years later, Vix is working in New York City. Caitlin is getting married on the Vineyard. And the early magic of their long, complicated friendship has faded. But Caitlin has begged Vix to come to her wedding, to be her maid of honor. And Vix knows that she will go—for the friend whose casual betrayals she remembers all too well. Because Vix wants to understand what happened during that last shattering summer. And, after all these years, she needs to know why her best friend—her summer sister—still has the power to break her heart....
    If you Love chick lit, you have to read this!!  ♥

I just read this a few months ago.  Loved the book, but was very pissed off at Caitlin at the end!!!

The Book Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts