Exclusively Pumping Mommies!

Leochanning2012
so done with pumping!
February 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
My son will be 11 months this sunday im so done with pumping I produce alot of milk this past week has been a torture with sore nipples..it hurts so bad while im pumping.. Ive tried switching him to regular milk and he wont drink it I got four weeks left of this and I so cant wait! My question is how long until I dry out I plan to.get on the shot once he turns one..

Replies

• Loralismommy224
    February 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    My dd just turned one, & I've been EPing since she was 5 days old. I've been able to produce a little more than average, but def not an abundant amount, so I can't help you there. I've just been gradually reducing a pumping session per day. I used to pump 6-7 times per day, but now I'm down to just 4-5 times. It's best to gradually reduce so you don't get clogged ducts or mastitis. A lactating woman can lactate for up to a yr after weaning. I don't know anything about the shot, so I can't help ya there. Good luck to the both of us :)
  • mrs_nielson
    March 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    I just started weaning as well, I am down to 3 pumps. I have been wondering the same things lol!! But I have heard that gradually is best. Good luck & you have done an awesome job get this far btw!!!! :-)
  • Leochanning2012
    March 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    Thanks! I hope it gets easier.. I get so engorged in the mornings when I wake up I pumo out 24 ounces.. Butvi will gradually reduce my pumps good luck to you too:)

Quoting Loralismommy224:

My dd just turned one, & I've been EPing since she was 5 days old. I've been able to produce a little more than average, but def not an abundant amount, so I can't help you there. I've just been gradually reducing a pumping session per day. I used to pump 6-7 times per day, but now I'm down to just 4-5 times. It's best to gradually reduce so you don't get clogged ducts or mastitis. A lactating woman can lactate for up to a yr after weaning. I don't know anything about the shot, so I can't help ya there. Good luck to the both of us :)

• Leochanning2012
    March 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    I just heard that birth control helps a little! I feel like I have accomplished a lot I donated 1000 ounces last month and now I have 400+ ounces again...im.pumping 7 times a day... Im excited to be done I will miss my milk boobies haha... Thank you ladies!

Quoting mrs_nielson:

I just started weaning as well, I am down to 3 pumps. I have been wondering the same things lol!! But I have heard that gradually is best. Good luck & you have done an awesome job get this far btw!!!! :-)

• wills_mum
    March 7, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Thats exciting! I can't wait until I'm at that point where I'm done, and know that my little ones had a good run on breast milk. I'm not really sure how long it takes, I know a girl I worked with would still leak 7 or 8 months after she started weaning, but she never had a shot or anything like that. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, and congrats again!

• Leochanning2012
    March 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    Thank you its going to be harder then I thought my little one wont drink regular milk and doesnt care for solids I start work next week and im horrified to leave him in daycare.. Hopefully he starts taking regular milk soon lol so I can get a break.. I havent been pumping at night to see if that will cut my supply and nope it hasnt! O my im in a pickle maybe ill be stuck pumping longer then expected!

Quoting wills_mum:

Thats exciting! I can't wait until I'm at that point where I'm done, and know that my little ones had a good run on breast milk. I'm not really sure how long it takes, I know a girl I worked with would still leak 7 or 8 months after she started weaning, but she never had a shot or anything like that. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, and congrats again!

Exclusively Pumping Mommies!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts