Exclusively Pumping Mommies!

Loralismommy224
Pump on a schedule or no???
September 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Ok, so I've been EPing for 7 months now. For the 1st several mos, I pumped around the clock every 3 hrs (or tried to!). However, now I've been pumping whenever I can but just trying to fit in the 7 pumps/24 hrs thing. However, I've heard that its best to stick with a schedule when pumping. Is that true? I work 12-hr shifts, & I don't always get to pump at the same time every day- I just make sure I pump 4 times while I'm there. Any input would be appreciated- thanks!

Replies

• ForestFlower
    December 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I try to not pump less than 2 hours apart and I try not to go more than 4 hours.  I don't have a set schedule.  My day to day activities fluctuate as well as my daughter's cooperation

• MommyAmes
    December 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM
    My baby is 3 months old. When he turned 3 months (a week ago) I went down to pumping 5 times a day. I have been getting between 5 to 9 oz of milk.
  • Loralismommy224
    December 29, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    Quoting MommyAmes:

My baby is 3 months old. When he turned 3 months (a week ago) I went down to pumping 5 times a day. I have been getting between 5 to 9 oz of milk.

That's awesome that you're able to cut down your pumping frequency & still produce that much! I tried cutting back, & for a little while it worked...but then I started to lose my supply. My dd is now 10 months old, so I'm sure there are other factors that contributed to that. Now, I feel like I'm struggling just to keep my head above water : /
  • MommyAmes
    December 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM
    That stinks ! I hope mine doesn't go down. Right now I am also being able to freeze about 6 oz a day. Trying to build up my stash.

Quoting Loralismommy224:

Quoting MommyAmes:

That's awesome that you're able to cut down your pumping frequency & still produce that much! I tried cutting back, & for a little while it worked...but then I started to lose my supply. My dd is now 10 months old, so I'm sure there are other factors that contributed to that. Now, I feel like I'm struggling just to keep my head above water : /
  • Loralismommy224
    December 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Good luck to you! good luck

Quoting MommyAmes:

That stinks ! I hope mine doesn't go down. Right now I am also being able to freeze about 6 oz a day. Trying to build up my stash.

Quoting Loralismommy224:

Quoting MommyAmes:

• teal.blaze
    January 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM

If you want to decrease number of times, pump longer when you are home. I changed my schedule all the time. My supply kept up with ds as long as I pumped the same number of times that he took a bottle.

• tori_day07
    January 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I try to pump every 4 hours even at night

Exclusively Pumping Mommies!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN