Older Moms 40 Plus

wiseacre
Happily on my "second round"
June 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I have four kids, two in their late twenties, and two  under six.  Sometimes, when people hear this, they look at me like I have lost my marbles.  I am so happy to be a mom to all of my kids, but the first time around, I was very young-- under 20 when I started-- and the second time, both children were born after I was forty.   I am enjoying the chance to be a "grown-up" mom, even though I really notice how tiring things are now.  I am interested in writing about being a mother of young children  at different stages of life.  Thanks for this group!

Replies

• SuperWoman8
    July 31, 2012 at 2:41 PM

this is all nice to hear! :)

friend of mine had her first at 22. she later adopted 3 more. when I told her I wanted to have a baby (then I was in my late 30s) she told me that she couldn't even imagine babies at that point. I told her that I thought she was crazy back then and couild never have imagined a baby that young!

there's benefits to any age I think.

• wiseacre
    August 1, 2012 at 9:19 AM

It is true that there are benefits to being an older mom.  I think there is something great about groing up with your childen, which I definitely did wth my first two, but I am enjoying my current opportunity to be a "grown up" mom.  Knowing who I am and my being confident about what I think really make parenting much more fun.  There are always new discoveries...

Older Moms 40 Plus

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN