Potty Training Support

19_mommy
Fed up
April 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM
My son will be 3 in aug an refuses to tell me befor she peed that he needs to go. He knows when he has to go but waits till he's already goin to say anything. I'm so ready to give up

Replies

• Bubbles318
    May 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I totally know how you feel! My daughter is three (her birthday is in March), and she will NOT go on the potty. She loves to sit on it..and listen while I read her a story. But she won't go! No matter how long she sits there! If I put underwear on her, she freaks out and takes them off. And she won't tell me when she needs to go..she tells me when she's already gone. Like if I let her run around with no diaper or anything on, she tells me as she's peeing on the floor! I'm not sure how to handle this. My mom even offered to try to potty train her.. I even tried to bribe my daughter. I told her that if she starts using the potty, we'll go to Build-a-Bear and make her own teddy bear. Nothing yet... *siiiigh*

• 19_mommy
    May 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    He starts school in aug an has to be potty trained. I'm worried they wont let him go
  • nailz98
    by nailz98
    May 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I know how you feel too. My daughter turned 3 in January and refuses to use the potty. She won't even sit on it. And if i put underwear on she'll wait until I'm not looking and change into a pullup.

• 19_mommy
    May 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    He still won't go. I stopped tryin now hoping an Praying he does it in his own over the summer before school
  • mariesmama
    June 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

im gonna get seroius about trying with hubbys bonus im gonna get her like 20 pair of undies, take her every half hour and give her a sticker chart

• Skippy2009
    June 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM

im in the same boat with u my son will sit there and lets me know when he goes but he gets off the potty when he does and then i have a mess to clean up or he will run to me and be all excited cuz he went on the floor. i have tried stickers, toys, pop, and even ice cream but he still dont go .....

• jasmine200199
    June 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM

We are having the same kind of issues with my son peeing in his underwear about 3 times a day and at night and have tried everything also. He is 4 and was potty trained last year but apparently he's regressed back.

One idea that someone told me was to tell them you were going to have to call the doctor and they might have to get a shot if they can't let you know when they need to go. That helped a little bit. Also, make sure to remind him every so often to try to use the potty. That really helps keep the accidents down, since mine is normally too busy to get up until it's too late. If there are certain activities that you notice him doing where he always pees, limit that activity. Lastly, I would try to encourage him to get really excited about preschool and that the only way he can go is to start using the potty. Try to be positive, because from my experience being negative and irritated doesn't work. 

Good luck! 

• momof2cuteboys
    June 6, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I hear ya.  My DD is 3yrs old and loves to wear panties ... but she won't tell me ... and she can go for 5+ hours without pottying.  I am at a totally loss with her.

• DeannaSpann
    June 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

U have a son so u are lucky. I potty trained my son in the easiest most fun way and it worked almost immediatly. One of my friends moms recommended putting cherrios in the toilet and telling him to aim. I had him trained in less than a week. Now, my daughter on the other hand, I am still trying. I have no idea what to do with her. :(

• ClaribelC
    March 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I AM SO FED UP MYSELF.. I FEEL LIKE A FULL FAILURE AS A MOTHER. MINE IS 4 YRS OLD HE STILL POOPS IN HIS UNDERWEAR. HE DOES NOT DO IT AT SCHOOL HE WAITS UNTIL HE IS AT HOME. HE HOLDS IT IN DURING THE DAY TO "AVOID" THE ACCIDENT.

Potty Training Support