Potty Training Support

JavaMama1139
New to Potty Training!
April 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hi! I'm new to this group, but I have a 2 yo son who has started stripping his diaper off and peeing and pooping on the floor! Luckily we have hard surface floors, and we have begun the potty training with him, but he only seems to potty in the chair, which he will do everytime we take him to it. Sometimes he'll just strip a dirty diaper off and then go climbing on his bed, getting poo all over his bed! Any tips on getting him to tell me when he needs to take off the diaper??

Just a little background info, he is delayed in his speech due to an ear problem, and doesn't express himself well through words yet.

Replies

• Ruth116
    by Ruth116
    April 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM

My oldest son is the same age as yours.  When I started potty training him, I set a timer for a short amount of time (ie. 5 minutes).  When the timer went off, I took him.  As he matured and understood more of what he was to do, the time lengthened.

• jenniferlee_12
    April 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Yup the timer is a great idea.

• JavaMama1139
    April 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM

With the timer, did you mean just until he goes to the bathroom? He will go pee every time I take him in there, even if it's just a few dribbles.

Potty Training Support