Potty Training Support

Ruth116
Fine Line
by Ruth116
April 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM

My two year old is 95% potty trained.  He does fine in underwear, but at bed/nap time we put him in a diaper because he does not have that control yet.  Mainly at nap time, in general, he does not want to go in a diaper...which is great, but is at the point where he needs to learn he can hold it for longer periods of time, rather than going every few minutes.

I am conflicted...I am glad that he has the right idea, and does not want to go in a diaper, but I want him to learn that he can go longer periods of time.  How do I go about teaching him that?  Where is that fine line?

Replies

• jenniferlee_12
    April 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM

My niece was like that. Try asking him to hold it for 5 minutes instead of rushing there, then 19 and so on.

• MorganShaye
    April 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

For my daughter I got cloth pull ups. They are like underwear but they are extra thick and have plastic on the outside so if there is an accident it doesnt leak out. It allows them to stay dry but feel wet when they have had an accident. Its really helped my daughter. I love them. I call them my daughters "night time panties". Like these http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/Bummis-Training-Pants.html

• LuvAZmomma
    April 23, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    Both of those suggestions r good

Potty Training Support