Potty Training Support

CaptivatedByGod
Pee trained, but not poo trained...any advice?
April 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM

We did the 3 Day Potty Training method and it worked well. Kassie will tell us when she has to go pee and we take her throughout the day when she doesn't say anything and it's been a while. We also take her before she goes outside, when we get to the store, before bed and after she wakes up. She is doing great. But, we are having problems getting her to poop in the toilet. She goes in her underwear and doesn't seem to care. I did catch her going in her underwear once and she finished on the toilet. She got her M&M and I thought that would encourage her to go in the toilet from now on. But, it hasn't helped. She doesn't go on a schedule, so I really don't know when she's going to go. I say to her: "Tell Mommy if you have to go poopoo" and other similar phrases and she says okay. But, she'll still go in her underwear. Any suggestions or anything that worked for you? 

Replies

• Poed0216
    April 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    Same problem here and it is sooooo frustrating !!
  • Wendsdy
    by Wendsdy
    April 30, 2012 at 12:57 AM

We are having the opposite problem. My 4 1/2 year old will poop in the toilet but rarely pees. She says she is "too busy" We were doing sticker charts.  At the end of each line she would get a prize like a trip to the park, to the pet store to see the fish, etc.  Cheap but fun things. One day she pooped in her pull up and I had it!  She is 4 and it was gross. I told her next time she does it, she loses a sticker.  Next time she did it and she lost a sticker and never pooped in her pull up again.  I wish that would work with the pee issue but she has a medical issue so that just complicates things.  Good Luck!

• Momm2boysOH
    May 14, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    I was having the same problem until my mom explained to my 3 1/2 yr old why he needed to poo in the toilet. She read somewhere the some kids are confused about pooing. So she explained to him about what happens when he eats and how his food travels to his stomach and then comes out as poo and that he needed to poo in the toilet so he could take in more food later. This really started working because now he let's us know and he even goes on his own at her house. He even explained it to me when he was sitting on the toilet one day and since then he let's me know. Good Luck!
  • mommy_2_be_2010
    May 21, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    My daughter does both :) give her a fruit snack when she goes poop on the potty
  • bioteach
    June 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

We're having trouble with the "pookie" (as DS started calling it this week) as well.  He stood right next to me the other day in our living room while he was naked & just started pooping.  Sometimes he can give us a few second warning to rush him to the bathroom - but those are few & far between.

• Utrecht
    by Utrecht
    June 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    My dd 2,5yo basically by her own initiative.started peeing in the potty or big toilet. I havent really done any training besides getting the potty when she asks and let her choose between diaper or undies while.at home. But during about 2 months she hasn't pooped in a potty not once.. I was as well wondering how to encourage her to Do this. We're taking it rather relaxed and slow - in her own pase so some "friendly" tips are very welcome!
  • roxana33
    July 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM

My son starts preschool in one month and he still poops in his pants! He needs to be party trained completely by September! Any advice...

• roxana33
    July 30, 2012 at 10:34 PM

BUMP!

• MyIslandGirls
    August 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    I have the same issue as well. I'm not to worried about it. I'm just happy that my son (who will be 3in October) will go to the potty when he needs to pee on his own and doesn't involve me at all. I have a potty book that really just deals with peeing called "Super Hero Potty Time" my son thinks he's a super hear when he pees on the potty. I should find one that deals with pooping too...
  • ClaribelC
    October 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM
    Well, i finally found the reason why my son will have accidents w poop! He has a cronic constipation issue. He has encopresis. Anyone having a kid (mostly in boys) tha continues to have accidents should read about encopresis

Potty Training Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts