Potty Training Support

Cafe Jenn
Potty Training 101-Share your tips here
August 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Here is a post for us to give advice to Moms who are potty training or getting ready to potty train.

Please share your best potty training tips!

toddler boy

• See the replies below for tips on potty training.  Share your tips, too
  • Please feel free to start your own post on the group!
  • You may also want to see the tips listed here:  Potty Training tips! or Potty Training 101

Replies

• LovesFredric
    August 5, 2011 at 9:58 AM

try having your little one go with a bare bottom....accidents become learning experiences & parents and LO can see exactly what's happening

• scharette
    August 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    I swear by the 3 day potty training method. Never use pull ups go straight to real undies!
  • angelkcm2
    August 8, 2011 at 5:13 PM

yeah i agree my son was doing so great than we had a friend come over to babysit and wasnt comfy with potty training I guess? we got back and the next morning saw he was in a diaper. I was totally diappointed. He's doing good by cant go all day now it gets so frustrating sometimes..

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    August 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM

don't limit fluids, they need to learn what a full bladder feels like

• LovesFredric
    August 8, 2011 at 9:23 PM
    Brush off accidents; think of them as learning experiences. tell the child "I know you'll get to the potty next time." They can help you clean it up.
  • bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    August 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM

make sure that you, SO and all other family members/caregivers are on the same page

• rmcdonald89
    August 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM

3 day method what is that

• bubbles212006
    August 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Quoting scharette:

I swear by the 3 day potty training method. Never use pull ups go straight to real undies!

and wht is that?? message me!

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    August 14, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Or you can do bare bum. It's sticking with a potty, timing method every single day for three days. It's not getting them completely trained in three days, but having them understand what needs to happen.

Quoting bubbles212006:

Quoting scharette:

and wht is that?? message me!

• Ladybugmama86
    August 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I totally want to know more about the three day method!! IS there a book or something I can get??

Potty Training Support