Potty Training Support

Kaihla0709
My son's potty trained but now he pees on my floor?
April 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM

My son potty trained last summer. He usually does great. We moved into our own place at the begining of this month and he started peeing and pooped once on the floor. I started asking him if he had to go potty and he would go and stopped peeing on the floor. I would make him clean it up when he would pee on the floor. He just peed on the floor and he got it on my vacuum! I am mad right now. Do I make him clean it up and tell him to use the potty? Or should I put him in time out?

Replies

• Godspitgrl
    April 21, 2011 at 7:56 PM
    How old is he? It could be a number of things. The change of atmosphere, the potty being in a different place than he is used to, an ammonia smell in the house (even if it's not strong to glide have a more sensitive smell and in a way like an animal [no im not calling our kids animals lol] and might think they are supposed to go there).
    I would start by reintroducing the potty to him:take a day and watch him and every time he has to potty or starts to take him/walk him to the bathroom so he is familiar with it and it's location. If you do have a smell in your house work on gtti the carpets and such cleaned. And depending on his age talk to him and see if it's cause he is just having that hard of a time with the move and other ways you can help hm through it.
  • pinkm143
    April 21, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I would start by reminding him again that it's time for potty, just like in the beginning of potty training.  Change and moves are big for little ones and he may feel like he's lost some control so he's controlling where he goes potty.  I wouldn't use time outs but I don't think there is anything wrong with him cleaning it up.  I would just stress that you know he is a big boy and knows where to go potty as well.

• Kaihla0709
    April 22, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Thanks ladies

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    April 22, 2011 at 6:46 AM

How old is he? Sounds like the change brought this on. Sometimes we have to go back to the method we used to train and retrain when changes happen in our LO's lives :( Remind him to go potty and take him if necessary. Good luck. Keep us posted.

• Kaihla0709
    April 22, 2011 at 1:04 PM

He will be 4 in October. He doesn't do it every day.

• lukesmyboy
    April 26, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Has he done this more this week?

• Kaihla0709
    April 26, 2011 at 4:10 PM

He's only done it once this week. Yesterday he peed on a toy of his.

• pinkm143
    April 26, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Have you asked him why he's peeing on things or on the floor.  most likely he will say he doesn't know but maybe he will tell you a real reason.

• Kaihla0709
    April 27, 2011 at 12:18 PM

I haven't asked him. I just tell him pee goes in the potty. Next time he does it I'll ask him.

• uccellino
    May 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

grrrrr. going through the same thing and he thinks its hysterically funny. Im not so ammused

Potty Training Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN