Replies

• veggiegirl25
    June 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM
    1. Make 5 lbs hot chocolate mix
    2. Purchase 10 lbs of lentils
    3. Purchase toilet paper for 3 months
    4. Purchase trash bags for 3 months
    5. Purchase 5 gallons of water

So excited to get back to food storage this month!
  • TXmomof5cubs
    June 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

We are getting new closets in our home. Our kids closets were put in this week and ours will be done in the next couple of weeks. Our closet is a large corner walk-in and has SO much wasted space. We decided to have one side (about 10 feet long) built to house our clothes and shoes and the other side (also 10 feet or so) to be built with heavy, sturdy shelves to house food storage! We've never had a good place with climate control to store food. I'm really excited to start building a GOOD supply of food and supplies. My husband is now finally on board with investing some money into storage.

• GoodyBrook
    June 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I'd like to place an order for some more medicinal herbs...  We were able to drop my husband's blood pressure significantly using the methods our ND suggested, and now I'm eager to try more herbal remedies.  Plus dried herbs just don't go bad, so they're the perfect addition to our storage...

• piankatankqueen
    June 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM

So I got caught up on my May goal, I went to get some instant milk and I read somewhere that Dollar Tree had it. Well I stopped in the other day and they did not have any. However they did have some Soy Milk cartons dated for 9 months out... Which I am figuring they will probably be good for a year! I am so excited. I only had 3 buck on me so I bought 3... However I plan on getting more:)

• JaceeDC
    by JaceeDC
    June 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM

My plan for the whole summer is to learn more about medicinal herbs and essential oils. Just started my reading . . . very, very interesting...

• GoodyBrook
    June 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quoting JaceeDC:

My plan for the whole summer is to learn more about medicinal herbs and essential oils. Just started my reading . . . very, very interesting...

My ND just gave me a book called "Therapeutic Herb Manual:  A guide to the safe and effective use of liquid herbal extracts" by Ed Smith.  It's my  nightly reading once the kiddos head to bed.

Have you heard of Mountain Rose Herbs online?  Their print catalogue makes me drool!  :)

• JaceeDC
    by JaceeDC
    June 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM

YES! I love Mountain Rose. I just signed up to be an affiliate with them also. Oh, if I just had lots of money . . . I would spend a LOT on their website. :)

• GoodyBrook
    June 10, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Quoting JaceeDC:

YES! I love Mountain Rose. I just signed up to be an affiliate with them also. Oh, if I just had lots of money . . . I would spend a LOT on their website. :)

What is their affiliate program about?  Will you sell their goods?

• JaceeDC
    by JaceeDC
    June 10, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Yes, sort of. I have a website about emergency preparedness and I have quite a few affiliates that sell food storage and survival equipment. I wanted to address medical issues in emergencies so I started looking into herbs and essential oils. That's when I found Mountain Rose and signed up to display some of their products on my site. I can write anything appropriate about the subject and put links to their site for the products, which earns me a small commission when someone buys something on their site.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Quoting JaceeDC:

What is their affiliate program about?  Will you sell their goods?

• piankatankqueen
    June 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM

So I have met my June goal plus some...So now I am really well stocked on our regular products. So with that said my goal for the next few months will be to buy something before we run out of our reguar items. So if I have 2 of the 4 boxes of butter that come in my case from Sams club to go ahead and buy another case.. Or if I have 1 of the 2 bags of cereal left to go ahead and buy another jumbo box... This way everntually I will have extras of everything and then once that is done I will start buying 2 of everything at a time so I will be constantly building my stock and it will continually grow... I had to put a lot of thought into this because I was all over the place with trying to be prepared and buying freeze dried adn this and that.. Now I have a better plan to get a years worth of food (regular items we eat)  and then work on a 5 year long storage plan with freeze dried items...

Food Storage 101

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts