Birthmoms

Cedartrees4
More about the Australian state gov't apologies for forced/coerced surrenders
October 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Replies

• vampporcupine
    October 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    Forced/coerced adoption=abduction aka kidnapping.
    I'm so sick of their apologies for "forced adoption" it would be nice if they finally said that they kidnapped hundreds of thousand of babies to make a profit and to take from the "unworthy" aka unwed and gave to the "worthy" aka unwed.
    Sorry, i know that having the justification and acknowledgement is a step, and i know how healing it can be,but I'm just pissed over how they try to make it sound better by using the word adoption.
  • vampporcupine
    October 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    I should also say that I am so proud of the mothers who have fought for so long to have this crime recognized. The film was so difficult to watch.
  • Cedartrees4

"Forced adoption" is a term invented by the Australian media and then picked up by the Australian Senate to name their national inquiry.

I do not know of ANY natural mother who willingly uses that term -- because it was NOT the adoption that was forced (the adoption took place much later in a courtroom we never saw) but it was the surrender that was forced/coerced.  But the media and the governments have dreamt up that term.  No-one forces an adopter to adopt. 

"Forced/coerced surrender by the adoption industry for adoption purposes " or "the adoption industry forcing a mother to surrender her baby so the industry could use that baby for adoption purposes " is more accurate.  An illegal act, and if the baby is taken at birth from an unwilling mother  then it IS kidnapping!

As Origins has pointed out, those "state apologies" are NOT apologies at all -- all they are are empty expressions of "sympathy."  State governments responsible for allowing/promoting these illegal practices are not admiting responsibiity, admiting that what they did was wrong, expressing remorse for doing it, promising not to do it again, and providing redress -- and all that is necesessary for it to be actual apology.

• onethentwins

That was hard to watch. Heart wrenching. 

• Vikki77
    by Vikki77
    October 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    Heart wrenching.

Birthmoms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email