Quickly grate fresh ginger and citrus zest using a microplane zester.
Southern Living NOVEMBER 2010
- Yield: Makes about 5 1/2 cups
- Total:12 Hours, 50 Minutes
- 2 (12-oz.) packages fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
1. Stir together first 5 ingredients and 1/2 cup water in a lightly greased 3 1/2- to 4-qt. slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until cranberries begin to pop.
3. Uncover and cook 30 minutes. Stir in dried cranberries and orange zest. Cool completely, stirring often (about 1 hour; mixture will thicken as it cools). Cover and chill 8 hours. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
by MommaTAFNovember 14, 2012 at 3:23 PMyep :)