CNA Mummas

cacountryangel
pt dh/cancer
October 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I WORK AS A HOME HEALTH AIDE AND I ENJOY THIS WORK SO MUCH....I GET TO KNOW MY PTS BETTER AND I GET MORE OUT OF MY WORK. THE LOVE MY PTS GIVE AND YOU CAN HELP BUT LOVE THEM BACK. AT TIMES I FEEL LIKE I TAKE BETTER CARE OF MY PTS THEN I DO MY OWN MOTHER. YEA I GET IT ON BOTH ENDS...THE FAMILY MEMBER SIDE VIEW AND BE CARE GIVER FOR MY PTS. I PUSH MY MOMMIE TO KEEP HER STRONG BUT YET SPOIL HER. THEN I JUST SPOIL MY PTS. DOING EXTRAS FOR THEM AS NEEDED. BLESS THEIR HEARTS!!!!

I HAVE THIS ONE PT WHO DH WAS TOLD BY DOCTORS LAST WEEK HE HAS LUNG CANCER. THEY ALSO FOUND A MASS ON HIS UPPER TUMMY AREA. HE'S A VERY STRONG WILL BUT LOVING MAN. HE TAKES SUCH GREAT CARE OF HIS WIFE. I CAN TELL HIS SADNESS. HE'S NOT JOKING WITH ME RIGHT NOW AND HE LOVES TO HEAR STORIES ABOUT MY DS AND HIS FRIENDS. HE CALLS THEM HIS BOYS. I HAVE HAD SO MUCH JOY THIS PAST YEAR SO FAR WITH MY PTS. NOW THIS. I CAN FEEL THE PAIN FROM WIFE TO HUSBAND TO THE DOG. I KNOW GOD KNOWS WHAT'S BEST. AND WE DON'T KNOW HIS PLANS FOR THIS COUPLE. I WANT GOD TO ANSWER MY PRAYERS AND HEAL THE DH. THEIR LIFE TOGETHER IS SUCH A SIMPLE LOVE. IT'S THE I'M HERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT LOVE. MAKES ME THANKFUL FOR MY DH. AT TIMES I WANT TO CHOKE HIM..BUT HAPPY HE'S MINE. I WANT MY PTS DH TO HEAL AND BE IN GREAT HEALTH AGAIN. MY IS A STRONG WOMAN BUT STILL NEEDS HER DH. BE IN PRAYER FOR THE TWO OF THEM!!!!

Replies

• mummaofsbe
    October 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM

It is amazing what love can endure.  And thank god for that.  Thier story is loving and yet at the same time so sad.  They will be in my thoughts.  And god bless you for the love you share with them and the spectacular job you do for them. 

• sarahra78
    October 5, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I work in hospice services sometimes in  situation like this a caring person just to listen and be there makes all the difference.

Some cases you just get attached too. I had a patient a few yrs ago who was 85 and her hubby was 95. he used to drive to the nursing home everyday at 9am and stay untill 7pm holding her hand. for 2 yrs while she battled a muscular disease. WOW Love is a powerful thing. She passed away almost 2 yrs ago but I still stay in contact with him and I know it's a comfort to him to have someone to listen.

CNA Mummas