CNA Mummas

chasesmom111907
I so need to vent!
January 17, 2009 at 12:03 AM

So I just got my CNA at the end of May. I got my job in november but didnt start until december. My fist CNA job ever! At a hospital of all places, med surg floor. I was so excited. I never wanted to work in a home ever.

Anyways lately I have been left alone with more than 20 some patients at a time for an entire shift(3-11). The nurses know im the only aide there. Yet they yell at me when im still doing vitals and getting patients situated and doing accu checks at 5 until dinner comes. Well if you think im tooo slow then maybe you should answer a light once in awhile to help me out. Thats what I want to yell at this nurse soooo bad. Then the other day a blood work was ordered for a patient at 4....I wasnt told about it until 5 then when I got a chance to get around to the blood work the nurse walks in as im trying to get it and starts yelling at me in front of the patient that those should have been done at 4 and that I shouldnt have put it off. For one I would never have put it off if the bells wouldnt ring like crazy and I got a lady yelling at the top of her lungs literally my name every five seconds or pushing her call bell button. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. So if the nurses dont like how "slow" I am maybe though should get up and help me.

Know on the other hand there are a few nurses on the floor that are wonderful and would help you out with anything. So if you are one of those nurses reading this......THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!

Replies

• mummaofsbe
    March 5, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I feel for you.  You definitaly have your hands full.  And as for a nurse yelling at you in front of a patient, I would pull her aside and let her know Behavior like that is Unprofessional and Intolerable.  And I would also let your supervisior or her supervisior now.

We have nurses like that at our nursing home, but it is more low key then a hospital.  Anyways we let them know they are out of line when they talk to us like that.  And if that doesn't help we go to our P.m. supervisior.  I have to admit I think those kinds of nurses everywhere.  I hope if I ever become a nurse I am not a bitch like that.  Sorry for the swears.

TamiLee

• chasesmom111907
    March 26, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Me and another co-worker said that if we got our nursing license that we would remember where we came from and be nicer to the aides on the floor and helping them out!

CNA Mummas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts